JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ed's House of gems in North Pdx sells it in differing grades and in 1 and 5 pound sacks. They used to carry a lot of it, and you could get as much as you need. Pretty reasonably priced last time I bought some Well over 8 years ago, so I cant say now days!

Ordering from a bulk online source is going to be the cheapest.

Local is going to bend you over a stool and ... yup.

Found a amazing stainless media distributor, half the price for 50lbs then the cheapest I've seen online. If you have Facebook he goes by Southern Shine Tumblers. Have good results with the egg shape chips vs the pins. No stuck pins in primer pockets and inside the case. Also the chips reduce tumble times by almost half.

Ordering from a bulk online source is going to be the cheapest.

Local is going to bend you over a stool and ... yup.

Found a amazing stainless media distributor, half the price for 50lbs then the cheapest I've seen online. If you have Facebook he goes by Southern Shine Tumblers. Have good results with the egg shape chips vs the pins. No stuck pins in primer pockets and inside the case. Also the chips reduce tumble times by almost half.
If I need media again that guy would be my choice.

Hey thanks a bunch for the info, appreciate it!

If I recall correctly, on the shelf at Sportsmans was like $50 for 5lb. Nothing against a retailer, particularly Sportsmans, but if I can source a better product at less than half the price...and the source is a US small businessman, then that's a win all around!

...since the OP has found a source...& thanks again!

Could I thread drift a bit?

Just curious on how folks separate the stainless media after tumbling, in smaller tumblers. Pasta strainer with netting in it & then a magnet, or ??.

Haven't seen that many how to's on that in particular as of yet, but granted I haven't been searching for that info specifically either.

Thanks!

Sometimes you can find those small mesh wastebaskets that are powder coated. I think something like that would work over a bucket.

Sometimes I pour the brass and pins through a bycycle basket (pic below) and the pins and wastewater go into a bucket. Then I agitate the basket a bit more to get the rest of the pins out. The bycycle basket is a little big but it was free and why not?

20170406_194736.jpg

Edit: and for picking up the pins I use some strong magnets in a 1qt plastic paint cup. You just set the cup on top of the pins and it picks a bunch up. When you have the pins over the container you want to store them in lift the magnet and they fall right off the bottom of the cup.

Last Edited:
Took awhile to find the right size with the correct lip to reuse the barrel lid clamp , but this is how I do it for both wet and dry. Tilt it on the right angle and all the stainless chips comes out as well as really tumbling the brass dry.
IMG_4698.JPG
...since the OP has found a source...& thanks again!

Could I thread drift a bit?

Just curious on how folks separate the stainless media after tumbling, in smaller tumblers. Pasta strainer with netting in it & then a magnet, or ??.

Haven't seen that many how to's on that in particular as of yet, but granted I haven't been searching for that info specifically either.

Thanks!

Sometimes you can find those small mesh wastebaskets that are powder coated. I think something like that would work over a bucket.

Sometimes I pour the brass and pins through a bycycle basket (pic below) and the pins and wastewater go into a bucket. Then I agitate the basket a bit more to get the rest of the pins out. The bycycle basket is a little big but it was free and why not?

View attachment 354887

Edit: and for picking up the pins I use some strong magnets in a 1qt plastic paint cup. You just set the cup on top of the pins and it picks a bunch up. When you have the pins over the container you want to store them in lift the magnet and they fall right off the bottom of the cup.

Thanks, gave me a few ideas. Appreciate it!

Took awhile to find the right size with the correct lip to reuse the barrel lid clamp , but this is how I do it for both wet and dry. Tilt it on the right angle and all the stainless chips comes out as well as really tumbling the brass dry.
View attachment 354888

So that strainer fits inside your tumbler? Once your done done tumbling you swap that strainer out for the tumbler lid? Brilliant!

Then I use a 3/16" gold screen the fits securely in a 5 gallon bucket for the finally toss of the brass. I have video of it running the corn media completely running out, but can't figure out how to post video. Lol.
IMG_1052.JPG

51130429373__0B86994E-25A4-4761-A806-8488344364D3.JPG

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews