JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions

I hear you boys might like big guns. Well I have on here for you. I have a Marlin 1895 (before Remington took them over and screwed it up) XMLR rifle in 450 marlin. It is stainless and has wood furniture. I have XS Scout mount on it and a Leatherwood-HiLux 2X7X32 scout scope on that. Essentially it is hot rodded 45/70. I bought it for bear hunts, but no one in my house will eat bear. According to my wife, until I eat about 135 lbs of bear sausage I am banned from bear hunting. I got 5 with this gun, and all were one shot kills (not bragging - you hit a bear with that gun and they are down for the count).

As nice as having all that power (I even have 20 525 grain cast bullets you can have... I am not nearly man enough to shoot them) is, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. In this particular firearm's case, that reaction is the stock shooting back at you with the forth of a diesel truck. It really can add up. One or two shots, especially while in the hunt, dont register very much. Try and sight in that with 20 or 30 shots and you are going to be sore as hell in the morning.
As we are on the subject of amazing recoil, I added that scout scope set up. Its nice because at a low setting you can keep both of your eyes open and on target... which is nice then you are around bears. but that is the least of its functionality. It keeps your dang eye away from the scope. Even being careful, on its first outing it gave all three of us a little scope bite to the eyeballs. I know chicks dig the black eyes but it smarted like a muther!

This bad boy does pack one hell of a punch. I have shot 5 bears with it and it went straight through the damned things every time. Once I went through the left shoulder and out the right hip. All the damned way through. And when it was all said and done, we found the bullet about a foot and a half into the bank behind it. I think it might have been able to take another bear down if we lined them up right.

Along with it I have the Following: about 65 or so 325 grain Hornady Levorution bullets, 35 pieces of brass (they look like 20 gauge brass shotgun hulls!) and a nice set of Hornady Safari Grade Dies. I am pretty sure that there has not been more than 60 rounds through this gun. The fellow I bought it from gave me the remainders of the first box (the pansy only shot five rounds) and I bought 2 boxes and have five or six left over.

I am sure there are things I am forgetting, but if you are interested we can wheel and deal. I value this gun at around $800-$850 with all the extras. They are going for over $700 on GB and they are not longer producing these. I am interested in several different items. I would like a high cap Pistol (I really like FN and HK), in either .40 or .45. , A really large caliber pistol (500 S&W, etc), a lower end AR, A nice upper. Really nice illuminated scopes (trijicon accupoints are my favorite) are always high on my list. I would never turn down a good 1911. And, if we decide yours is more valuable than mine I can make up the difference in cash.Hell, we could make the trade in two guns from you and cash from me!

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.