JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking to do a little horse trading. My drift boat toward a couple of "like new" Stag Model 1 AR15 in .223. Just the basics here, not including accessories, I need help putting an honest dollar value on these (2) guns. And your opinion on pros & cons will be appreciated. Thanks!

I have two stags, I've put literally thousands of rounds through them, in training classes and general range shooting over the years. I've also maintained them cleaning etc. never had a problem with either of them.
Right now through Stag, you can get a Model 1 for about $950. With the rifles you are looking to trade for, being used, current craziness, I'd say start at $800 ea. no more than $900 ea.
After the deal is done, all that matters are you happy with the trade..

Thanks for your input. I'm thinking the seller is attempting to profit off "fear buying"

Asking a considerable amount more than $900.00

How easy is it to sell a drift boat? As easy as 2 ARs?
I think timac is right unless it's hard to sell a drift boat and you NEED to sell it.
Some ARs are selling at $1200-1300 for the cheap ones like Delton. (Stag is a value priced gun ,by no means a cheap gun.I have had a couple).
So 2 could net you around $2000-2300. Is the boat worth that much? And trying to sell it?
The guns will sell fairly easy.
Heck tell him to sell the guns and then buy the boat.

I have two stags, I've put literally thousands of rounds through them, in training classes and general range shooting over the years. I've also maintained them cleaning etc. never had a problem with either of them.
Right now through Stag, you can get a Model 1 for about $950. With the rifles you are looking to trade for, being used, current craziness, I'd say start at $800 ea. no more than $900 ea.
After the deal is done, all that matters are you happy with the trade..

He is wrong, Stag has quit taking orders and says they are backlogged 2 years on complete rifles. Today those two guns are probably "worth" $1200-1600 each, in a month they could be worth $900 each or $3000 each. If you want an AR, the Stag is a nice "value" firearm as it was phrased

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top