JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For those who are not aware of it Stag Arms is leaving the Commie Anti-Gun East Coast!
Stag Arms is moving to Wyoming this year! As many of the manufacturers have done or are doing at the present.
For example Berretta opening a new Plant in the Nashville, TN. area.

GOOD FOR THEM!:D

If more companies are moving to a place like Wyoming. Does that mean there are potentially more job opening in these 2A friendly states??
Yes, but with low cost of living in a lot of 2A States also comes lower wages. Always something to keep in mind, being paid what you're worth etc.

Got to be better than paying exorbitantly high taxes and stagnant wages

When I was living in Utah it was high taxes, strict emissions and assenine wages. Still have family back there who confirm that not much has changed.

Originally grew up in Texas and my old man moved back there years ago. He's been in construction and a finishing carpenter for 40 years but can't land a high-paying gig because the wages are so low due to cheap labor. Taxes are low from what he says but doesn't account for much when he's not making enough to survive sometimes...

Ya know.. i was earning 12.67/hr in NC in summer 2003; ended up getting paid 12.50/hr in Oregon for metal fab last year... now with an on call gig its 15/hr when I get gigs to work on stage setup/unloading.. so a full time job in Wyoming with a similar wage structure might be better simply for lower taxes by only having Fed and sales taxes vs Oregons income tax plus fed tax

Ya know.. i was earning 12.67/hr in NC in summer 2003; ended up getting paid 12.50/hr in Oregon for metal fab last year... now with an on call gig its 15/hr when I get gigs to work on stage setup/unloading.. so a full time job in Wyoming with a similar wage structure might be better simply for lower taxes by only having Fed and sales taxes vs Oregons income tax plus fed tax

Not gonna argue there! I worked with a gal a couple years back who was a transplant from Idaho. Said that there really weren't many jobs in her area paying much above minimum wage outside of am ammo factory in her town. She said that everyone tries to get jobs at the ammo factory to make the best money they can and survive but the population is plentiful while the factory jobs are not. She met her now husband in her hometown after he transplanted there for work and ended up being laid off less than a year after he transplanted. She got pregnant and he told her that he was moving back out here because there is more opportunity to make better money to survive on. Can't say I disagree with his logic and this could be a "one off" instance but it leaves me to wonder if there is some truth behind it for many others because of how many folks flock here from all across the nation?

Speculation on my part though, hey. Lol

They're prolly going to transplant employees from their old shop to the new shop, atleast many of their core skilled people. Quicker to get production going and no company will want the repeat of the Remlin fiasco.

I hope to heck they move where's there's mountains, rivers, cricks & trees cause I've worked in & seen the h$ll it can & is on the east side of the state.
4500~5000' above sea level, 50/60+/- miles northwest of Lusk, 9:00pm on the highest point in 30 miles around (as far as we knew back then) in late summer staking oil wells for Powers Elevation out of Denver, Colorado and you can't see light anywhere with no stars or moon out. No GPS/cell phones back then, 1974 or 76?. Just remember how in the h$ll you got there to begin with & hope you get out before the fuel is gone.. Oh yea, I remember it VERY well..
Nervous..yes, scared no, but was sure as heck something to look back on with fond memories.

Dan

Clarification on Stag Arms:)
The have never been out of business since after the issue with the Receivers Mark the owner at the time, sold the Company as part of his plea agreement with the Feds and not going to prison for the Receiver mistake. Not to mention him paying a hefty fine. The reason he did not go to prison was because it certainly was a violation because the minute the final machining process is done on those receivers a Serial Number must then be put on the part. But there was actually no" intent" to violate the law. In fact it was believed he was set up by a disgruntled individual.
And the parts for the Rifles are still all the same since Mark's Father owns CM&T Company and runs the business that produces the parts. As he also does for many other companies as well. So the Stag Rifle manufacturing company it self is moving to Wyoming. The parts producer still will reside to my knowledge at the same present location.
As an after thought Tennessee is not the highest paying State in the USA. But we do not have to sell out our Freedom and our Rights for a buck! And put up with liberal BS!;)

The last thing I remember hearing was when the ATF took 3,000 lowers that weren't serial numbered.
Without Googling, what I remember is the government made the owner give up his interest in the company so the employees were able to keep working.

The excuse they had of the guy who did the serial numbers being of vacation didn't fly. I like my Stag and think they put out a good product. Their setup seems like it had been run as a smaller family operation.

Yes the Employees did stay! I wonder how many of them are going with the Company! I sure as H would rather live in Wyoming than on the East Anti-Gun Coast! Other than new ownership at Stag everything is running the same. I was advised later that Mark is doing some consulting work for them?
And with the price of property on the East Coast those relocating could probably build or buy a much nicer home in Wyoming.:)
And should no longer have to wonder how much longer the gun manufacturers and their jobs are going to survive out East.;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top