JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is an unexpected bit of great news :s0155:

<broken link removed>

Now that's good news. More districts need to do the same. There are other districts in the state that don't prohibit employees from carrying or so I've been told.

I am not sure if anyone has heard this or thought about this aspect of Armed Teachers. Seem to me that over time this would be a great way to take the scary and bad gun out of the minds of indoctrinated children. A way to reverse the culture of anti's.

So, if you are on this site and live in that school district, take 5 minutes and write the school board a quick " Thank you" for their role in upholding the Second Amendment.

Oregon: St. Helen's School Board Passes Important School Safety Measure

Last week, the St. Helen's School District School Board voted 4-1 in favor of reversing the ban on teachers and staff members carrying firearms on school grounds. Now, teachers and staff members who have a valid concealed handgun license, may possess and carry a firearm on school property. The passage of this self-defense measure provides common sense protection for students and school personnel.

Please e-mail members of the St. Helen's School Board members and thank them for taking action on this important policy reform. An e-mail message sent to [email protected] will be forwarded to all School Board members.

Hey! the article also has a poll. Make sure you guys "vote". Here is what it looked like after I voted:

Poll: Should teachers be armed at school?
No, not at all....................................37% 1024
It's ok if the teachers get training.......38% 1051
Yes, it's their right............................25% 708

Just a hunch, but I think this one's numbers are going to climb.

:)

Just a hunch, but I think this one's numbers are going to climb.

:)
But still

No, not at all................................36% 1024

It's ok if the teachers get training...37% 1051

Yes, it's their right........................27% 781

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

But still

No, not at all................................36% 1024

It's ok if the teachers get training...37% 1051

Yes, it's their right........................27% 781

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Had folks get it up to 813 and they shut the poll off. Rigged as most are.

1990 turbo I think scappoose has there own school district. I went to St.Helens all through grade school and hi school and all 5 of my kids did, glad to see they finally reversed this policy. the one person who voted against this was my 7th grade science teacher ( douche). Now only if we could get back to the good ole days when the kids would hunt there way to school and home with no trouble and could leave there rifles in there trucks and not be considered a terrorist for it.

1990 turbo I think scappoose has there own school district. I went to St.Helens all through grade school and hi school and all 5 of my kids did, glad to see they finally reversed this policy. the one person who voted against this was my 7th grade science teacher ( douche). Now only if we could get back to the good ole days when the kids would hunt there way to school and home with no trouble and could leave there rifles in there trucks and not be considered a terrorist for it.
Yup my parents live in Scappoose I didnt grow up there but i did go to Skyline for grade school and even though its a Portland public school it was a bit different than the other PPS.

I graduated from Scappoose high school in '05, and I now live in St. Helens, and Scappoose has definitely changed since then. I commonly refer to it as a suburb of Portland, and while it is a little better in St. Helens (If you don't like Portland), it is getting worse as the months go by.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top