JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The wife and I put the bird feeders out in the back yard about a week ago and a pair of young squirrels have been raiding one. I'm trying various ways to keep them off the feeders with some methods working better than others.

In searching the internet for advice on keeping the furry bandidos at bay, I ran across this video of "The Yankee Flipper" squirrel proof bird feeder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEW9TG6Dcgg&feature=player_embedded

It's pricey at about $140.00 bucks, but it might be worth it for the entertainment value alone. LMAO :s0114:

Not near as much fun as "The Rodenator:"

<broken link removed>

How Does The Rodenator work?

The Rodenator uses a controlled mixture of propane and oxygen that is injected into the rodent's burrow. A built-in, self contained ignition system then ignites the mixture, creating an underground shockwave or concussion that instantly eliminates the rodent and collapses the tunnel system.

Freakin' amazing! I am seriously thinking about ordering one of these things just for the entertainment value, although I might have to keep importing new dumb squirrels just to keep the circus going. :s0114:

www.monster.com "Wanted. Hungry Squirrels. Qualifications: Likes seeds and circus rides. Temporary position.".

Me too! I have a bird feeder right outside the window in front of my desk and the Squirrels are always in to that thing.

Well, all my efforts so far at keeping the squirrels out of the bird feeder have failed. I just mixed some Cayenne pepper in with the seed mix to see if that helps. Apparently the squirrels hate it, but it doesn't bother the birds. We'll see if that works. If it doesn't, I think it will be time to order up "The Yankee Flipper". :D

:s0155: The Rodenator is the best! They say you can take out a Badger with it? Good Lord! :s0001:
Have a client that made one of his own out of welding hose and an acetylene tank. He has a commercial nursery. Loaned it to a friend with gopher problems and the clown actually cracked the foundation of his house when it blew. He video taped moles and gophers actually flying out of the holes when the tool detonated. Greydog.

Have a client that made one of his own out of welding hose and an acetylene tank. He has a commercial nursery. Loaned it to a friend with gopher problems and the clown actually cracked the foundation of his house when it blew. He video taped moles and gophers actually flying out of the holes when the tool detonated. Greydog.

This post is worthless without video. :D

Well, I seem to have found the answer. I just mixed a couple of tablespoons or Cayenne pepper with the bird seed. The Squirrels want nothing to do with it now and it doesn't appear to deter the birds at all.

The squirrels still hang out in the yard below the feeder to scour up some seeds, but don't attack the feeder itself. I think the smell drives them off of the feeder, but is diluted enough when the birds kick some seed off onto the ground that they can handle it there.

What's the funniest is watching my OLD Black Lab get exercised trying to chase the squirrels away. At her age she just takes a couple of hops and woofs and that's job done for her. :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top