JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey everyone just picked up a remmy 700 sps-v, anyone have any ideas on accuracy improvements,scopes,stocks,trigger,etc?

Why would you be concerned with accuracy improvements until you take it out and shoot it.
Who knows,the rifle may be more accurate than you,get some trigger time in before spending a bunch of money needlessly.
Find out what loads the rifle prefers,take it out and practice then come back with information that can be used to help determine if it is the rifle,or..god forbid...you that needs help.
RK

Hey everyone just picked up a remmy 700 sps-v, anyone have any ideas on accuracy improvements,scopes,stocks,trigger,etc?

I have 2 and they are accurate enough the way they are. Most people don't know this but the 700 SPS varmint with an HS stock is now the 700P. The stock is the number one thing people change and there are plenty of them to choose from. I did not change a thing and they are dependable and accurate. You have to decide want you want to change. If you change the trigger, stock, and lap the bolt and other things just buy a different gun. It would be cheaper in the long run. Just my opinion though.

Scott

i just picked the same thing up to day in 308. gonna put a Nikon Monarch BDC 6-24x50 on her. id like to set it up for 6-800 yrd+ shots...mainly for varmints and maybe deer.

I'd recommend bedding the action, adjusting or replacing the trigger (the x-mark pro's aren't very good IMO). What's your budget for the scope?

For the $300 budget I'd go for the SWFA super sniper,
For the $700 budget I'd go for the Sightron SIII (Vortex is comming out with a Viper PST that may be good in the price range)
For the $1000 budget the good old Leupold Mk IV is a good choice
For the $1600 budget the Nightforce is great
Above that I can't recommend too much my buddies are using USO's, Premier Heritage, etc. I believe in spending nearly as much on the optic as the rilfe itself, you can get away with less, but skimping on optics is not something I'd recommend.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top