Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sprint reception causes me to lose Colt Magnum Carry auction

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Apr 3, 2011.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I have been bidding on a Colt Magnum Carry on Gunbroker this week. As the auction drew to a close today I just happened to be at a small fair with my sons. I was following the auction on my EVO 4G and as I tried to up my maximum bid with 1 minute and 15 seconds left on auction my 4G reception disappeared. By the time I got the phone switched over to 3G the auction was over and I was outbid by $10 by a new bidder. I am so bummed. At least I get to start looking for another one now...and the hunt is 90% of the fun. :)

2. STNOSU

STNOSU Corvallis Member

Have you had issues with your Evo? Mine freaks out on the regular, I have missed auctions on Ebay due to it. It won't register my touch sometimes or when I click on x screen or message it will go to something else.

3. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member

I think sprint owes you a pistol. :bluelaugh:

4. absoluterik07

absoluterik07 Salem, OR Member

I'll be that guy, you shoulda bought an iPhone!

5. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

Ummm My iPhone has issues at times.... shows bars when there really isnt any.. find the phone that "on Average" works the best for you. I second the comment Spring owing u a Colt

6. judicator

judicator McMinnville Active Member

My company uses Sprint for their cell phones, and I rarely use it. Service sucks, network is slow when you're trying to use the web. Verizon all the way. Rule the air!

7. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Well, if you can PROVE that you would have won it then maybe you have a complaint, but there's no way to know if your bid would have actually won.

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
    Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
    John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
    NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
    Washington Arms Collector member
    South West Washington Arms Collector member

8. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

i have bid many times on different sites-- i always watch the bidding to see how it goes, then i try to pull up a similar pistol --or the same one(or item) to see what it went for, and at the last ten min. of auction i put my bid in for that amount --or as much as i'm willing to spend,then let the proxy system take over--its up to the next bidder to figure out what you bid--and that can take time !! all you have to beat is the high bid ,not what your proxy is-----

my thoughts only.....steven

9. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I was thrilled by the reception I got with my Verizon service. However, their customer service sucked every time I needed it. The reception I got with my Sprint service isn't near as good, however they, at least so far, have not been jack-asses when I've needed customer service. Catch-22. Save the bombardier...