Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Springfields new items

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by IheartSig, Jan 27, 2016.

1. IheartSig

IheartSig Beaverton Diamond Supporter Diamond Supporter Platinum Supporter

https://1950.springfield-armory.com/

I'm a little disappointed, I don't know what I expected but nothing on that list really grabs my attention save for maybe some of the 1911 variants... What about you guys?

2. No_Regerts

No_Regerts United States Well-Known Member

There is nothing that has really grabbed my eye. I'll be interested in the new Kimber rifle that us supposed to run $700 on the street. Uses a plastic stick with molded in trigger guard and detachable box magazine, alsoplastic. Ill call it the Kimber MonTikka.

3. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

As for the Springfield lineup? There is nothing I want.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  4. Pops1911

Pops1911 Cinebar/Issaquah Well-Known Member

I agree here. I already own some Springer products that really float my boat. The 2016 line up? Meh, not so much. Pains me to say this as I have always really liked SA offerings.

5. TJdamon

TJdamon Gladstone Member

I'm happy they are doing the XDs 40. May have to save up for one

6. bigblue

bigblue Beaverton, OR Member

That one is going to be a real handful to fire.

I own many full sized Springfield XD's, in 9-40-45. These have been my go-to platforms for many years. So when I was thinking of changing my travel carry platform from the LC9 to an XDs, I started to evaluate them seriously. To my dismay, I found that the trigger on the XDs's absolutely SUCK !! It is heavy, gritty, long, breaks poorly, and resets poorly. It is so bad that I would never consider carrying one without a full trigger and action job. Considering that the factory trigger on the XD-XDm line is more than satisfactory out of the box and that I have never had to modify one (although I mod'd other things using Springer), I was astonished that Springfield would ship the XDs with such a crappy trigger.

When I was at SHOT 2016 in January, I asked a Springfield rep at their booth about it. He acknowledged the crappy triggers (and privately agreed with me), he indicated that he had no explanation why the designers did it, and told me that I was far from the first person to complain about it.

My early LC9 also came with a truly crappy trigger, but I invested in getting that fixed. I have no intention of doing that to any XDs platform. Oh well.

TJdamon likes this.
  7. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

I kinda thought your were joking @IheartSig , but then I clicked the link...
    Just disappointment!o_O

IheartSig and mjbskwim like this.
  8. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

OK I decided to go look and ,sorry,well I'm not really,but this is just butt ugly
    day10_M1ACQB.jpg
    Compared to the original?:confused:

Boboclown likes this.
  9. mcfoto

mcfoto Newberg Active Member

Nothing new is motivating me but a 1911 Range Officer is still on my short list.

mjbskwim likes this.
  10. shootnscoot

shootnscoot Wa Well-Known Member

Scrap all that and make new Garands :s0023:

11. bigblue

Now that is truly stupid

12. Boboclown

Boboclown North Carolina Well-Known Member

To the same specs and using parts made here in the U.S is what I'd also like to see from them in that regard.

If I wanted it to look good, I'd just get a standard. That being said, I wouldn't buy a SOCOM 16.

mjbskwim likes this.
  13. bigblue

The gun, not the comment

mjbskwim likes this.
  14. pietro beretta

pietro beretta Spokane, WA Active Member 2016 Volunteer

The last thing to catch my eye from SA was their XD SC Mod.2 3.3 .45 with 9 flush or 13 extended. My next carry will be this or a glock36.