JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone on here have a Springfield xds 3.3" barrel model? What is your opinion of them, I have the opportunity to purchase a 9mm model at a very reasonable price, and was thinking about it as a Birthday present for my daughter. Thanks

I had one in .45. They're great and super reliable guns. The issue I see with the XDS 9mm is they're actually heavier by a few ounces than the .45 model. That's because they're the same size and use the same barrel blank, except the 9mm has less material removed since the bore is smaller, making it heavier. I can't see the benefit of that. I have switched to the new Performance Center ported 9mm Shield with the improved trigger, fiber optic sights, and grip texture and find it a more easily carried, totally accurate, and lighter shooting pistol, all for about the same price or less than the XDs. Just my two cents. YMMV.

Does anyone on here have a Springfield xds 3.3" barrel model? What is your opinion of them, I have the opportunity to purchase a 9mm model at a very reasonable price, and was thinking about it as a Birthday present for my daughter. Thanks

The only "caution" I would have is buying it for someone else. Has your Daughter ever shot one of these or any sub compact 9? If not I would strongly recommend taking her where you can rent one of these first. If she has shot and likes the sub compacts in 9mm then go for it.

The only "caution" I would have is buying it for someone else. Has your Daughter ever shot one of these or any sub compact 9? If not I would strongly recommend taking her where you can rent one of these first. If she has shot and likes the sub compacts in 9mm then go for it.
Thanks for the input, she hasn't shot a compact 9mm, her only handgun is a colt king cobra with a 4" barrel. She has shot my beretta 92 fs and a few 2" 38s and 22s

Alexx1401 is right, I'd not invest in a firearm for someone else unless they've already tried it... Otherwise you may find yourself with an XDs that your daughter doesn't like...

I have both the .45 and the 9mm, I'd say the 9mm is has less noticeable recoil than the .45, easier/quicker follow-up shots...

If I'm looking to pack a compact 9mm, I'm grabbing the Kimber Micro 9. Lighter, smaller and easier to carry, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, the XDs is a heck of a platform... Just there's other options that suit my needs better...

YMMV....

Thanks for the input, she hasn't shot a compact 9mm, her only handgun is a colt king cobra with a 4" barrel. She has shot my beretta 92 fs and a few 2" 38s and 22s

Then by all means let her shoot one first. Unless you like these. It's a GREAT pistol but there is not a pistol made that's "right for everyone". Anyone who is a regular shooter can of course learn to shoot any of them. When you get into people who do not and need protection, then it's far more important. If they find something they like they learn faster and better. Also encourages them to practice more. If you get it for her make sure she knows that if she does not like it you will be glad to "trade it" for something else for her. Don't want her to feel like she has to not say anything since it's a gift. She may well love it.

Buy it. It's my main aiwb carry option.

They do have some extractor issues from time to time. If you get it and have issues with it sticking on a press check or not loading the first round very well pm me.

Last Edited:
="Misteramax, post: 1624297, member: 45267"]Buy it. It's my main aiwb carry option.

They do have some extractor issues from time to time. If you get it and have issues with it sticking on a press check or not loading the first round very well pm me.
XDs awib, works very well... This one in .45 ACP, just because...
image.jpeg

Very nice... I've not had any issues with either of my XDs models, and the .45 was my main carry for over a year... Which means I practiced with it a lot to not only get it into the carry rotation, but to maintain skills with it...
My favorite is that mod2 service. Very nice trigger and the recoil is so soft. It's dead nuts on. It's a toss up what is more accurate...That XD mod2 or my Springfield 1911.

If you're getting it for a favorable price, go ahead and buy it!
If your daughter likes it, great! If not, trade it, shoot it, keep it. Just one way to go! :) Good luck!

I've rented a LOT of guns at shooting ranges, and the XDs is one of my favorites. I just bought the XDs 9 4" but that's pretty much identical to the 3.3". The extra 0.7 inch doesn't hurt concealability.

Go for it!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads