JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am considering getting a pistol in .40 S&w Caliber and I'm interested in two models:

Springfield XD40

Sig Sauer P250

Anyone have experience with these model that they would share with me? I'd appreciate any info you might have about these models.

Thanks!

i also made a thread but it had the m&P and all i wanted was in 9mm i went and held all of them at wholesale sports in clack the doa sig250 i didnt like to much but the reviews by nutnfancy are pretty good the xd feels pretty comfortable and the m&P was also but for the price i think the xd is where its at

Having shot all three (four I'm adding the XDM40 as well), it really depends on your comfort level with a DOA vs Striker fire. I currently prefer the XDM40 over all of them. Higher capacity, smoother ramp and slide, as well as the changing back strap if needed.

Spend the extra bucks and go with the XDM40. But that is just one voice.
M

I thought the P250 was a great idea until I actually tried the trigger on one. Yes, it is a DAO trigger, but CRICKEY that is one heavy pull. I did find gun that made that pull look good though, the Sigma is something else all together.

I thought the P250 was a great idea until I actually tried the trigger on one. Yes, it is a DAO trigger, but CRICKEY that is one heavy pull. I did find gun that made that pull look good though, the Sigma is something else all together.

Unless you got a lemon, the P250's 6-6.5# trigger pull is the lightest DAO trigger pull you'll find out of the box. My only complaint is that it's a lonnnnng pull and a long reset.

The thing about the P250 and the trigger pull, it could be altered to make it not so long. Well I think someone made a trigger tamer modification for it, anyone know if that ever happened? But if you want a DAO polymer pistol which is built fairly well, it is a good solid firearm.

I am considering getting a pistol in .40 S&w Caliber and I'm interested in two models:

Springfield XD40

Sig Sauer P250

Anyone have experience with these model that they would share with me? I'd appreciate any info you might have about these models.

Thanks!

I had the same problem so I got both Springfield XD 40 and the Sig P 250 2Sum 9mm

Only had a week now and love them both ... GLAD I got both

I had the same problem so I got both Springfield XD 40 and the Sig P 250 2Sum 9mm

Only had a week now and love them both ... GLAD I got both

Believe it or not, after doing some research, I had the same idea.:s0112::s0114: I think they are both great guns. I looked at a P250 at Wholesale Sports though, and the grip seemed to be a bit larger in diameter than the XD. I have small hands and I think the XD might fit my hand better. What do you think?

I actually found it to be the other way around. Though, which P250 did you try? The compact, sub-compact or full size?

And, if you have the cash, and want the XD, go for the XDM. Not much more for a nice improvement over the XD.
M

I have both, with several variations of the 250, and a couple XD's... Probably the biggest question is, What are you going to use it for? That should determine alot. For concealed carry I like the sub compact P250 in .40 S&W. I like my 4in Xd, didn't care for the 5in version, but it just seems a bit large for me to conceal. I prefer exposed hammers, too. DAO took awhile to get used to, but it is smooth, and works well. The xd isn't bad in the trigger dept, either.
Speaking of the P250, it has variations that get kind of mind-boggling as you get into them. Grips come in three sizes. Then, between sub compact, compact, and full size with all the grip variations I can't believe it wouldn't fit pretty much everyone. Fortunately for me, the medium fits my hand pretty well. The fire control unit being able to change out into the different slide sizes really is unique and adds alot of different uses/calibers to the platform.
I still like 'em both, to tell the truth.

I actually found it to be the other way around. Though, which P250 did you try? The compact, sub-compact or full size?

And, if you have the cash, and want the XD, go for the XDM. Not much more for a nice improvement over the XD.
M

I tried the full size P250. The XD seemed to fit my hand better.

I like the looks of the XD-M, but it looks like it costs about 50% more than the XD. NW Armory has the XD Essentials package for 399 and the M model is about 550. The only thing that really appeals more to me about the M is that it has a greater capacity. 15 versus 12.

I tried the full size P250. The XD seemed to fit my hand better.

I like the looks of the XD-M, but it looks like it costs about 50% more than the XD. NW Armory has the XD Essentials package for 399 and the M model is about 550. The only thing that really appeals more to me about the M is that it has a greater capacity. 15 versus 12.

More like 37% more, as the sage says, "Buy Once, Cry Once. " I do understand an extra $150 can hurt, and if it is out of budget I tip my hat to you for sticking to a budget. I abandoned that idea LONG ago. :)

M

I've had them both, and as mentioned already, I prefer the trigger on the XD to the Sig. And I LOVE Sigs, so don't take that as me knockin' it. I also prefer the texture and finish quality on the XD's polymer. This could be due to the 250 being a modular system, so there has to be some leeway in parts clearance and such to allow for different frames, etc.

But seriously, I started pulling the trigger on the P250 back in February and I'm still waiting for the boom...

I've had an XD9, XD45 and a P250. I had some FTE issues with my P250 (in 9mm). I loved the way it fit in my hand, but the trigger made it hard to shoot accurately, and it was too big to effectively carry concealed. If you're not using it for defensive carry, I vote for the XD. But for carry, I find the XD trigger too light, and therefore, too easy to have an unintended discharge.