JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Springfield XD .45 Compact?

I am thinking about buying a Springfield XD .45 for a new carry gun. I have done a Little reading, and know a few people who own them. I haven't seen the compact yet, but I am wondering what everyone has to say about the XD in general. Is it a good carry gun? Feel free to let me know what you think good or bad. I am also thinking about a Kimber Pro carry, but would like to save some money if possible.

Warthog, I just picked up my XD45 Compact a couple of months ago and love it. I carry just about everyday. I came from carrying my H&K USP, so the smaller XD was a great move. The handle is very nice with the compact mag in, and you still get 10 + 1 capacity with it in .45 so I think its pretty hard to beat!

Bottom line you cannot go wrong, my buddy has the same gun just in the standard size .45 and he has carried everyday for over a year and has had no issues with the XD. For the money I do not believe there is a better handgun on the market for the money!

can't say anything about the 45 but i own 2 xd 40s, one tactical and one subcompact... i carry the tactical everyday and the wife carries the subcompact... if we go out together i carry the subcompact... love the xds and have shot close to 1000 rounds together and not a single problem...:s0155::s0155::s0155: think i may have to buy a xdm....

I just saw the XDM, and i really like it. I am still not sure about switching to the .45, I have always been a .40 shooter. I am still on the fence. When I buy my fist 1911 it will be a .45 for sure, but for everyday carry I think I'll stay with the .40

actually my XD was my first .45 after a very long time of shooting almost nothing but .40 and to be honest, it made me a convert. I luv the XD and on top of that I luv shooting' .45. The .40 XDm is hella nice though.

My XD Compact was also my first .45. I have been shooting .40 for about 3 years now, and I am now "Born Again!" Although I think the .40 is a great round and still serves a purpose (I love my H&K USP in .40) I really enjoy what my .45 brings to the table, especially with the capacity of the .45 XD's. Its pretty hard to argue against the .45, its proven itself for many a years now.

I read a quote on this site a few weeks back and I apologize because I do not remember who said it, but it went something like this, "9mm might expand - but .45 Never shrinks!" (I know we are talking about .40 NOT 9mm but I just thought it was funny and wanted to say it again)

a buddy of mine own ones i shot and fell in love i felt like i was shooting a 9 very low recoil very smooth and very accurate i was shooting one handed and nailing my targets if i did not have so much into my G21 (built in CT) i would sell it and buy a Xd45

just to edit i misread i thought it was in reference to a xd45 not the xd45 compact

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top