JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$650
Manufacturer
Springfield Armory
Caliber
45-70
City
Aumsville
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Up for sale is another one of my project guns.
Bought this years ago as a sporterized Trapdoor infantry rifle (I didn't do it). Thought it would make a nice conversion to an original looking Cavalry Carbine. Barrel is cut and crowned to carbine length, 22". Found original saddle bar and ring, stock was inletl to fit.
Stock is correct length, had to add a piece of old stock to the fore end to make it long enough. Stock was varnished or shellacked with an orange tint when I got it, this was an old sporter conversion, probably from the 1920s. Lightly sanded the orange finish off and oil stained and finished with linseed oil, bees wax & turpentine for the vintage military look.

All parts are original M1884. Serial number indicates April 1885 production.
Bore is mostly shiny with some pitting just forward the chamber.
Photo of target is at 100 yrds about 2" group from the bench with original Buffington sight. Load is 405 gr, round nose, flat base, hard cast bullet over 22 gr of IMR4198 with 1 gr dacron filler.

Comes with aprox 500 rnds of lead boolits: Bottom box is 370 gr spitzer FB, next box up is 405 gr RNFB and small box is 405 gr RNHB (cast in Lee hollow base mold). Also assorted reloads for components only and brass, about 80 cases and half is nickle plated.

Also, RCBS 3 die set and Lee loader for 45-70.

$650 for everything listed. No trades. No transfer fee since this is older than 1900 per BATF.
Please contact me by PM or Start a Conversation.

8NDRR6E.jpg
HE8QbKa.jpg
pCuCCe5.jpg
OZzpdDm.jpg
IUJOPdY.jpg
I9588NU.jpg

MMM9e2z.jpg
Ec1ZpcB.jpg
pCuIDIk.jpg
bD8OQR2.jpg
1QmIPM8.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service