JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Trying to help my dad out with his new rifle. He has a fresh out of the box Springfield Saint (5.56, 16"). He is looking for an optic to put on it to "get the most out of the range" I know this means a lot of different things to different people. He has gone further to tell me that he wants to be able to hit human sized targets at 600 yards using 55gr or 62gr factory loads. I don't know if this is possible, so I come to you you all. Most of his actual shooting will happen at 100yd and 200yd targets but he wants to be able to reliably stretch it. With all this in mind, do you have a scope you recommend for his rifle?

Trying to help my dad out with his new rifle. He has a fresh out of the box Springfield Saint (5.56, 16"). He is looking for an optic to put on it to "get the most out of the range" I know this means a lot of different things to different people. He has gone further to tell me that he wants to be able to hit human sized targets at 600 yards using 55gr or 62gr factory loads. I don't know if this is possible, so I come to you you all. Most of his actual shooting will happen at 100yd and 200yd targets but he wants to be able to reliably stretch it. With all this in mind, do you have a scope you recommend for his rifle?

In your budget range, I'd suggest the Burris AR specific rifle scopes and a Burris P.E.P.R mount to go with it. I use them on most all of my AR's:
rTzWjRU.jpg

They come with a coupon for a free elevation turret, so he can twist and dial for the range and load he's shooting. Mine work great for the price point. I don't think he'd be dissapointed at all with one of these scopes.. I'd get the one with the C4 wind plex reticle..
Burris 200333 4.5x-14x-42mm 5.56 C4 Wind MOA Reticle Matte Riflescope | eBay

For "human sized" targets, out to 600, around $400, I'd just get a Vortex Viper PST 1-4 and use the reticle, but really, a little practice with irons is doable too.

A police trade-in EO Tech for about $169. I hit with mine easily last summer at 445 yards. That was with my 55grain fmj reloads out of the Bushmaster. I did the same with my Daniel Defense Leupold 1.5x5x20 hunting scope with a #4 German reticle. Get the new Primary Arms Raptor . I bought one to put on an AR but now plan on bolting it on my MP10. It is 1x6 , illuminated 30mm. I think it was $269. Still in the box right now.