JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi Group! Just ran across the Springer Ronin Operator. Being a 1911 fan oldman, it caught my eye. Looks like Springfield might be wanting to attract Kimber fans who cannot/will not choose to afford their price point. Yep, I need another 1911 like a hole in my head, but,but, but :D they look so pretty! Anyone have hands on experience with one of these already? Would love to hear some stories. Thanks...Pops
Happy Independence Day everyone. Over here we all still locked up due to the Rona. Sigh. At least I got my flag out this morning about sun rise.

Looks like a neat pistol. I'd give it a try for single stack minor USPSA. Springfield would have to put out a real piece of crap to compete with Kimber. Just my opinion of Kimbers from 15-20 years ago.

Update: I contacted my LGS today and put in an order for one these purdy thangs. At least I waited until September until I ordered one :D Now the waiting and waiting begins ...

Good question CountryGent. From my scant studies of Japanese history I seem to remember that a Ronin was an unattached/unaffiliated Samurai/Ninja? I guess I could do a Gooble search. :s0114: Naw, too lazy tonight. It don't matter I'll just give it a special name anyways. Could name it after an ex-wife who was always shooting off her mouth :eek: I'll just let that one lie right there. LOL

Update: I contacted my LGS today and put in an order for one these purdy thangs. At least I waited until September until I ordered one :D Now the waiting and waiting begins ...
I too am a DIE hard 1911 fanboy. The two I have now days are goth SA's. One is a mish mash that looks like it must have been some kind of special order that they did not sell as I never saw one like it in their line up. One day looked at the 1911 section as I was leaving the range. I looked too long and it followed me home :D
Other is an early model when they started the "Loaded" line. Both have been carried and shot a lot so they are no longer "pretty" but that is what I like about stainless. No matter how banged up it gets does not seem to matter. I looked at the Ronin and of course I like it. :D
Of course right now with the panic going on everything seems to be harder to find so guessing one for sale will be close to the MSRP. Certainly not anywhere near what a lot of the higher end sell for. Both of my SA's have just worked from day one when taken out of the box.

I'm not near Uranus. If you don't mind me asking (and I will not be offended if you would rather not say) would this be anywhere near Albany / Salem? Been really interesting in handling one in 9mm...okay, perhaps adding one to the collection. PM is fine as well.

Ah, 45 minutes West of you just before you splash into the Pacific :s0114: Yep feeling the need for an affordable 1911 in 9mm. Ronin checks all the bases. Good luck on your search :s0132: too.

I've been making periodic spot checks for almost a year and haven't been able to find one. I was planning on spending some tax refund money on it.
I know a guy who managed to get one from GrabAGun earlier this year, but lve never seen it up close (not local). He did report some FTFeed issues early on but traced it to crapcan magazines.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top