JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Both of these have mostly what I am seeking - except caliber. I will build a .38 Super if I can't buy one. Any owners of either? MSRP is close (ha!) and I don't know if they would do a .38S or not. Just wondering about the guns in general. Appreciate anything constructive.

Ive shot both brands and you cant go wrong with either but my bias leans towards Springfield. What I dont like about the Kimbers is their rear sights dovetail is priprietary limiting upgrade options where the Springers is a standard Novak style dovetail yet comes with a tactical ledge type rear sight no need to upgrade there.

Thank you very much! Now to convince Springfield to build a .38 Super...
Am guessing I'll have to go 9 and have a 'smith open the bolt face. I have a Sig match barrel, but Springfield is allergic to that name about now.

Thank you very much! Now to convince Springfield to build a .38 Super...
Am guessing I'll have to go 9 and have a 'smith open the bolt face. I have a Sig match barrel, but Springfield is allergic to that name about now.
The Ronin 9mm I have doesn't need any breechface work, handles the .38 super cases without issue, I've done test fitting with hundreds of cases. I'm also working toward a .38 Super conversion for the Ronin, finally have all the parts to do it. Gonna hit Velzey up to do the work...

Very encouraging news you have there. I have the Sig 1911 38S barrel which is .45 outside diameter, so it is quite substantial. I suspect that it will shoot very well. And it uses the Wilson/Nowlin ramp, same as Springfield. I always wanted a Super and have inherited about 1250 rounds from my father, so time to get busy.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews