JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After several years of longing to do a 1911 Commander caliber conversion, having spent copious hours researching the process and feasibility, I've finally pulled the trigger. Pun intended.

I've decided to use the Springfield Ronin Operator 9mm 4.25" as the basis for this conversion. Have secured a Wilson Combat Match Grade ramped .38 Super barrel to be the replacement. And Wilson combat magazines to be the feed mechanism. Awaiting the convergence of the parts which should commence on Saturday. And someday FedEx will get the Ronin delivered, been stuck in Fargo, ND all week, of all places.

This is my Rona project, so hopefully by the spring this project will have come to fruition and I'll have a new dual caliber range toy.

C20DDC75-3B80-41F5-B0F2-C3275A731D45.png

You mentioned that Velzey has it. What work needs to be done? Opening the bolt face or milling for a different ramp?

What I have is a Sig Sauer 1911 heavy 5" .38 Super barrel.

You mentioned that Velzey has it. What work needs to be done? Opening the bolt face or milling for a different ramp?

What I have is a Sig Sauer 1911 heavy 5" .38 Super barrel.
Work is currently in process. Just barrel and bushing fitting, perhaps extractor/ejector tuning. And of course test firing and function testing of both caliber setups post .38 Super fitment.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top