JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently picked up a Springfield Range Officer 1911 .45 pistol and it comes standard with springfileeds adjustable target sights being that it is a competition pistol. I want to switch out the target sights or some fixed night sights because this pistol will primarily be used for home protection.

As far as I know, Harrison Design is the only company making rear sights that fit the Range Officer's LPA cut. Note: the LPA cut is different from the "Bomar" cut.

Do any of you have or have had the Harrison custom 2 dot rear sights? What do you think?

Also do any of you know any other rear night sights that will work with this LPA Cut?

Anyone have any input on this?
Like I said the only option i can find for the lap cut is the harrison option, but i am not crazy about those sights.

The lamp seem really small to me personally.
I would rather go larger white dots and ditch the tritium if i have to, although not prefered.

I have a range officer with a Dawson white dot/tritium front sight and Harrison rear. The Harrison tritium dots are pretty small but when you focus on the front sight the rears are pretty noticeable. Its easier for me to acquire targets with the tritium rear sight in the dark. You can always get the plain Harrison sights and have tooltechgunsight put on white dots and drill in tritium vials for you. Kind of pricey though.

Nice I got a quote from John out at Harrison customs and its $250 for the two lamp rear with the natching one lamp front sight both installed. I've been bouncing back and forth on my head all day on whether I want to invest this much on some iron sights! I'm leaning towards the yes lol but I just don't want to regret it later! I don't like the adjustable target sights that came on my range officer but the replacement options are extremely limited!

Options are definitely limited lol. I've been waiting for 10-8 to release their modular fixed LPA sight but they took too long so I got the Harrisons. They aren't bad though. I'm hitting spot on at 25 yds with a 6 o clock hold with a .180 front sight.

Anyone else with input on this? It's been dead for a little while now but I would really appreciate the input. Do I have any other options for this weird lpa cut?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top