JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The newly ordered Prodigy came into the FFL.

Went down yesterday to fill out the paperwork.
Handled the pistol for a while.

First impression....
Heavy gritty creepy trigger.

Should be released Sunday.
Will see if it runs.

Hope I didn't make a mistake on this.
.....maybe my Dan Wessons have me spoiled.
what size did you get?

Gun doesn't rattle like a box of rocks.
Slide to frame fit appeared/felt good.
Lock up felt OK.
Slide operation felt heavy, "hitchy" and not really smooth.
Grip and thumb safeties seemed to operate correctly.
Grip safety releases with reasonable travel.
Outside edge of left side thumb safety is sharp.
Thumb angle is higher than I prefer.
Magazines drop out cleanly.
The trigger.........sigh.

Last Edited:
Mine is running really well. Same size. Don't listen to @solv3nt , more important than the size is how well you can handle it! 😎
Jokes aside, when I got mine, a few points were bothering me. Slide was dragging on the disconnector and trigger was gritty and heavy. I sanded the disconnector a tiny bit as well as oiled it and racked the slide a million times before even shooting the gun which made it smoother. I tuned the sear spring and got the trigger from a gritty 5.5lbs down to a smooth 3lbs pull. I also played with the set screw on the trigger and got a very short reset. I have shot over 400 rounds without a single hiccup but because I can't help myself, I ordered a ball head disconnector from Atlas and a Toolless guide rod from them as well. I also changed the 19# hammer spring to a 17# hammer spring and also started playing with the recoil spring, hence the toolless guide rod for easier tuning. Currently installed a 9# recoil spring but have not tested it with live fire yet.
Another thing to keep in mind is, they do need a break in period. Every trip I take to the range I notice the gun getting smoother.
At the end of the day, if you decide the gun is not for you, I have some stuff I would trade for it as I'm now considering getting a second one to really "go to town" with porting, upgrades, etc…

I enjoyed the 17 rounds I put thru mine. No issues. Typical Springfield. Trigger good. Tight fit. Fiber optic rod fell out and lost to Mother Earth.
I read people had issues with the mags causing FTEs. Not sure how true.
Paid 1289 + fees for mine
Mine is 4.25 with an Eotech EFLX

I liked mine so much I ordered a Staccato C2
Might sell the DS.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA