JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got my hands on a model 56 today and its not operational. i knew it was old and that it was going to be my project gun but didnt know that the seller told me the wrong info.
it's all good either way as I found the problem but shame on you for not telling the full truth. he never told me the mag was missing either.

okay rant over

Now I have found that the trigger is a bit worn and wont grab the bolt. so it acts as though the trigger is always pulled.
I want to know if there is any remedy to this problem.
Also if there are any triggers that might match the model 56 trigger so i dont have to back order one if there is no remedy.

thanks in advance...

Thanks for the site Mark W. it is very helpful.

I think i will try to tinker with the striker bushing first as it is worn over so that the trigger cants grip onto it.
The firing system is very primitive where the trigger is pinned directly to the striker bushing.
when the trigger is pulled the bushing is released striking the hammer.

At least now I know where I can go to if I cant DIY the parts. or break it whichever comes first ha.

oh and do you know how to take the striker bushing out of the bolt by chance. I've taken everything apart and put back together except that. And I need to get to that piece.

thanks

Funny about this thread, because I inherited Grandpa's 56, 5 or 6 years ago and it's missing the magazine too. I went and did an internet search on the springfield model 56 and it brought me right back here.

Thats too funny faller...ive actually given up on this particular project. it would cost me triple what i paid for the gun to fix it and furnishing it would cost even more. if you want to buy this as a parts gun from me ill sell it for 20.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top