JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Springfield Model 1903 A2 30.06 – Historic Rifle

I have a Springfield Model 1903 A2 30.06 that I am posting for a relative. This rifle was sporterized at some point. It comes with the leather sling, and Lyman X4 Power scope. The interesting part is the history of the rifle. The 1903 A2 started its life as an artillery sub-caliber device. Sometime after WW2 it was given a new barrel and the A2 markings were added. There were only approximately 100 A2 rifles ever made. Unfortunately the rifle was altered from its original condition, the stock was cut and the receiver drilled and tapped. Doing so took away from its value greatly. That being said, it’s still a great hunting rifle with a colorful history. Below is a link for information on the rifles past life.

January 2002 Gun Show

“The Model 1903A2 is essentially a M1903 barreled action with the sights removed and the trigger pin staked in place. Some, like this one, had "A2" added to the markings. Many seem to have used salvaged barrels (set back a turn). Using .30-06 sub caliber devices in tanks and other artillery pieces allowed training on regular rifle ranges with cheap ammunition instead of regular artillery ranges with huge safety area requirements.”

Price: $350.00 – No Trades

FTF in Stayton, Aumsville or Turner

Must be over 21 years of age, legal to own firearms – CWP preferred – ODL required. Bill of Sale will be done

springweb.jpg
Sprin30061.jpg
062212254.jpg
062212251.jpg
062212253.jpg

Email for more photo's

Hi any chance you still have this 1903 a2? Im interested in maybe seeing more pictures or purchasing. I already have one 1903 a2 in original shape. But am interested

in 2nd if you do you can send me a text message at 816-206-5366 even if you dont and have other stuff i might be interested.

Screenshot_20190102-105541.png Screenshot_20190102-104838.png

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.