JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He was probably aiming for legs, but he wasn't necessarily a good shot for doing so- He probably emptied the mag.
A fight ensued and the neighbor pulled out a gun he was carrying and fired three shots, hitting the two teens once each, Lewis said. The neighbor sustained injuries consistent with having been assaulted, and he was carrying the handgun legally, Lewis said.

Looks like 3 shots, 2 hits, in the leg, were pretty good shots to me, not life taking shots when they were not necessary IMO, 2 hits out of three..... not too bad for an old guy. 66.6666 percent!! :)

I hope I have that kind of accuracy.

Noise complaints are a LOW priority call for the P.D. and that's all well and good unless you're the one trying to get some sleep before going to work. People have the RIGHT to stand up against bad behavior that infringes on the peacefullness in their lives, and there's nothing that says you have to tip-toe and be all polite about it, ESPECIALLY @ 2am when all REASONABLE and RESPONSIBLE people would not do such a thing in the first place.

Tough little pups gotta go over IN A PACK to put the smack-down on an old man and got their foreskins handed to them... deservedly so. I DO NOT ascribe to the notion the old man provoked a dang thing, the punks were rightfully confronted for bad/rude behavior, he's not responsible for THEIR choice to cross the street in a pack to intimidate him.... Ever notice how once in a while you come accross someone you shouldn't have F-ed with? That'd been the old guy that night.

An armed society is a polite society.

I don't know about you guys, but I have the phone numbers of all my neighbors. I'd have called and told them to shut the f up, if that didn't work- and I knew it was a party with a mob of boozing teens, I'd call the cops. Only an idiot walks into a 1 on 10+ situation even if it was in his front yard. The kids are at fault for being a-holes, but this dude is gonna pay a price for his actions, and I maintain his actions were completely unnecessary. There aren't many things that will convince me to leave the safety of my home at 2AM. I just think it's dumb to put oneself in that situation when it was totally avoidable. It's not worth $10k in lawyers fees (assuming you win) defending yourself when a phone call or 6 to the neighbor or police would have solved the problem.

People have a right not to be afraid on their own property! Call the cops? I was in a similar situation years ago and since I was one of three people that these little s..ts didn't want to mess with we all got vandalized (the LEOs wouldn't tell them who called). My particular little gift was a 4lb rock through my picture window at about 3:00am, and I swear it sounded like a shotgun blast! I went from sleep to crouched on my front porch in my birthday suit with a 1911 sweeping the area in about 3sec! This seemed to impress these little gangsters (loud party, other gang comes, fight, guns come out, gangsters)enough for them to cease their retaliations. I am glad I didn't have to open fire but if I had seen one with a weapon I certainly would have. In fear for our lives, in our home, nowhere to retreat to! To those who would say that I increased my chances of coming to harm, sure, so what! I've been under fire before but that doesn't mean that I will that will cower behind the bathtub. My home, my property, my danged block if it comes down to it! OK, disjointed rant over but this whole thread has given me a headache.

another bully with a gun looking for any excuse to shoot people, he should have all his guns taken away and be imprisoned and forced to pay the medical bills, he probably egged them on then pulled the gun out of nowhere and started shooting like most cowards do. He should have stayed in his house, stupid arse.

another bully with a gun looking for any excuse to shoot people, he should have all his guns taken away and be imprisoned and forced to pay the medical bills, he probably egged them on then pulled the gun out of nowhere and started shooting like most cowards do. He should have stayed in his house, stupid arse.

Are you serious or joking ????

Wow... These kids are having a loud party in a residential neighborhood not giving a crap about anyone and he's a bully? How do you know he was waiting for any old excuse to shoot someone? I carry a concealed pistol everyday without fail, are you insinuating I am waiting for any excuse to shoot someone just because I have my pistol with me at all times? Are you insinuating the police are just waiting for an excuse to shoot someone because they are armed while doing their job? How about the military? Their primary purpose is to kill people and break things, are you insinuating they're waiting for an excuse to do that too?

Your logic = FAIL

Wow... These kids are having a loud party in a residential neighborhood not giving a crap about anyone and he's a bully? How do you know he was waiting for any old excuse to shoot someone? I carry a concealed pistol everyday without fail, are you insinuating I am waiting for any excuse to shoot someone just because I have my pistol with me at all times? Are you insinuating the police are just waiting for an excuse to shoot someone because they are armed while doing their job? How about the military? Their primary purpose is to kill people and break things, are you insinuating they're waiting for an excuse to do that too?

Your logic = FAIL

well what else was he going to do with his gun in the wee hours of the night? show it to the young party animals? A police officer carries a gun because it is standard issue, same with the military. This guy on the other hand had a concealed gun and stood in front of his house waiting for any excuse to use it. He should be charged with reckless use of a firearm. I live half a block away from a bar and constantly have drunks being loud and pissing outside in front of my house on the weekend, If I were to go out and SHOOT one of them in the leg, I guarantee you I'd be in jail right now, but I'm not a bully so I don't need to pick fights with drunks then shoot them like a coward. Especially teenagers, stay inside and call the police, chances are when they show up the shut down the party the kids would have never known who called them, if they try kicking in your door or breaking through a window then you have the right to defend yourself. Don't go pick a fight with a bunch of drunk kids then shoot them like a coward, and if nobody else can agree with that then that's fine, the great thing about the 1st amendment is the RIGHT TO DISAGREE

Of course you have a right to disagree... I'm just interested in how you came to the conclusion he's a bully. As far as the police and military having "standard issue" does not address the question I asked. My standard issue is a Glock-30 packed with 230-gr JHP 45ACP+P @1050-fps... Does that make me a bully with a gun just waiting for an excuse?

And just because I CCW should I have to avoid standing up against rude/bad behavior, or suffer a beat down by a pack of brats because they don't like me excercising my first amendment rights? BTW- Drunks pissing in front of your house is not a life threatening activity, however you do have the right to confront them when they do it and if they turn violent that is on them. Seriously, I'd like to hear your logic on this subject to qualify the opinion that you OBVIOUSLY have a right to have.

troll.jpg

does anyone have any recent news about this? I looked for additional info and all I found was the week old articles and a couple blogs, one of which mentions this thread and quotes many of the posts of members here trying to make them look loony lol.

also, are pictures of the mom and kid allowed?

Sad and pathetic there. You know nothing. go away

How dare that man defend himself against a bunch of teenagers. He should have just laid down on his lawn and told them to try avoid kicking him in the head. He should have just tucked into a ball and waited until they were thirsty and needed more alcohol; when they left he could have gone back into his house and called the cops, if he was still breathing.

I was put out about my quote as well. I would have much rather had them quote the link to the "innocent child's" mom's mugshot for a meth arrest. I have never taken so much pride in being referred to as a gun nut. I'm thinking about making T-shirts. It will say "Gun Nut" and have a picture of a squirrel holding an assault weapon which will have no sporting purpose for a squirrel, making it hilarious.

I'm serious, why ask? Just because we are all on the same website we must all share the same beliefs? The guy who shot the kids was a BULLY WITH A GUN, that is my opinion, bottom line period.

In most of the USA if you are legally allowed to be where you are with a gun and 2 or more attackers come at you, they are fair game. It's called disparity of force/mass attack. Better wise up

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top