JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
At the Hillsboro show last week Oak Grove Ventures had a screaming deal on Springfield XDs at $440 that I couldn't really pass up. I realize when I get home that Springfield is running a mail-in promotion for three more mags and a mag pouch with the gun making me think the whole thing was beyond a good deal.

Anyway, I buy the gun on Sunday, submit the info online for the rebate. Today in the mail, I have my magazines. How awesome is that?

I just thought I'd let you all know. This was my first Springfield, probably won't be the last.

XD's really get looked down on compared to Glocks, but I really love my 9mm XDSC. I've had it for several years now and it's never jammed as long as I didn't feed it those aluminum CCI Blazers. I too took advantage of the mag offer when I got mine. That was a sweet deal.

Also, since I holster and reholster my XD over a dozen times a week, I like having the grip safety as I reholster without pressing on it.

I handled both before deciding on the XD Subcompact. My thought process was kind of like this. When I carry IWB, the hardest part for me to conceal is grip. The shorter barrel on the 3.8 doesn't make it any easier to conceal and you still have the long "mega-capacity" grip. Clearly, it was my intent to put the XD in my carry rotation. Also the grip size of the regular XD was fine for me, I didn't think I needed the adjustability of the m.

If it weren't for that, the XDm has a better trigger, match grade barrel and all the premium trimmings. If I were looking for a polymer range gun, the XDm would be great. But for that usage, why not go with the 4.5 barrel and get a longer sight radius?

Anyway, my $0.02.

For CCW I think both XD and XDm are to wide, of course I am used to a PM40 and a P3AT. For shooting, home defence, fun, accuracy, dependability, ease of maintanence, or service carry they are not easy to beat. Add in the price and accessary package and they are a no brainer. I have the XDm9, which replaced my XD9, and can't wait to add a XDm45 to the family!

I'm looking to be getting a XD(m)3.8 or the subcompact in .40 S/W or should I not spend the extra $ and just get the XD?

Try to get some range time with each of them, especially if this may be a carry gun someday. I currently have two XD45's, and have owned two other XD's. Great guns IMO, and XDm is even better. I would have bought XDm .45, but mag capacity is the same as the regular XD, and the other differences were no worth the extra cash TO ME. YMMV.

P.S. There is a good chance I can get you some range time with an XDm .40 3.8, as well as anything I own. P.M. if interested.

P.P.S. I also took advantage of the current SA offer:s0155:

I handled both before deciding on the XD Subcompact. My thought process was kind of like this. When I carry IWB, the hardest part for me to conceal is grip. The shorter barrel on the 3.8 doesn't make it any easier to conceal and you still have the long "mega-capacity" grip. Clearly, it was my intent to put the XD in my carry rotation. Also the grip size of the regular XD was fine for me, I didn't think I needed the adjustability of the m.

I agree completely. My XD-SC is very easy to conceal, even on a very hot day with shorts and a thin dark t-shirt. The XDm grip is too long for light summer clothing. The smoother XD grip is also nicer when it occasionally rubs up against your back while carrying, so even if they made a short grip XDm, I still might not get it. My XD-SC is plenty accurate for defense. When SA returned my XD after installing night sights, they included a 10m (32 ft.) test target with three shots inside the 1" black center hole.

I love my XDM 9 4.5. It is a little on the large side for IWB concealed carry though. As Migo pointed out, the XDM grips are big and hard to hide for most people.

I saw a custom XDM 3.8 online where they had cut down the grip and magazine to the XDSC size. I'd be surprised if Springfield doesn't come out with one like that next year. Sign me up! :)

When SA returned my XD after installing night sights, they included a 10m (32 ft.) test target with three shots inside the 1" black center hole.

If you don't mind my asking, how much did that cost? Did they cover shipping? Which night sights did you get? I'm kind of tempted to do that myself. I didn't realize they even test-fired it after installing the sights.

They used Trijicon sights that look just like the XDm stock sights, except with tritium, of course. They're expensive, so including installation, sighting, and return shipping it was $135. I'm very happy with them and since it's my primary carry gun and I plan on keeping it, I wanted it done right.

hoooo boy... I sold my daily carry CW9 yesterday in order to find a small 1911 in 9mm to replace it (the 1911 addiction has its claws in me:s0114:). Not just for the mechanical beauty of 1911's, but for me, a single-action semi-auto just fits the bill best. BUT as the XDSC is single action also (pls correct me if I'm wrong??), so highly respected, and MUCH less expensive than any good 9mm 1911's I'm aware of, I'm thinking an XDSC might find its way home with me from the gun show this weekend... PLUS the magazine promo?!? sheeeeeesh. Any reason that I shouldn't go with the XDSC?

man I love NWFF...:s0155:

Submitted my information online (very easy BTW) on 11/10, and received three new shiny new mags on 11/16! My only complaint would be not getting to choose how many were compact and how many were full-size. But hey, it's free is a good price, so I'll take what I can get:s0155: This is for my 4th XD. I plan on getting at least two more.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top