JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1850
Manufacturer
Springfield Armory
Caliber
City
Portland
State
Oregon
I bought this beauty about 15 years ago and it's sat in my safe for nearly all its life. Probably has at most 300 rounds through it. Originally had planned to make this the rifle I learned to shoot 1MOA with, but shortly thereafter moved to a bolt-action and have never looked back. (And I'm still learning...)

Love to keep it but have come up against some family medical bills and can't justify keeping it any longer.

The Rifle

This is a Springfield National Match M1A (in .308, naturally), walnut stock with the 22" stainless steel barrel. Springfield makes several M1A models and of the non-scout models, the progression goes from Standard to Loaded to National Match (this one) to Super Match.

It's in excellent condition with a single extremely small cosmetic scratch on the underside (see pictures)...honestly, I could have posted without calling that out and most people wouldn't have noticed.

The Mount

When I bought this, our troops were just starting to fight in Afghanistan and my order for a Smith Enterprises mount sat on back order for months, as the USMC was buying these for the M39. Finally got and installed it. The mount alone sells for $275. You can find more about it here. Has a picatinny rail on top you can slide the scope of your choice onto it.

The Extras!

You get everything in the pictures, except the mat and the Tipton gun vise. This includes...
  • Leather strap
  • The 10-round baby magazine it came with
  • Ten (10) 20-round metal mags. I bought these at a gun show about the time I bought the rifle. There are no manufacturer's marks on them.
  • The official Springfield M1A cleaning kit. (To be honest, I was disappointed in this and stuck with my coated rods, Bear's Boreshine, and other products, but it is the "official" kit)
  • A few tools from Brownells, which I never used but are common in the M1A community: castle nut pliers, an adjustment guide, and "the gadget" from Springfield As you can probably tell, when I decided to buy the M1A, I bought "all the stuff".
  • The original manual and some other related paperwork.
The Price

Based on my research, these rifles sell for $1800-2000 on Gunbroker, I'm throwing in $150 in magazines, the $275 mount, and a bunch of small accessories....I think it's an mind-blowingly good deal at $1850 + transfer.

The Terms

I'm in Portland, Oregon (East side) and of course now we have to go to an FFL to transfer. There is an excellent NWFA member FFL not far from me, but I'm happy to use any public FFL. I'm open to shipping but that would be added expense.

The Questions

Happy to answer 'em!

The Pictures (click to enlarge)

4l2ZKRy.jpg

YsRSWSy.jpg

AUMn8jV.jpg

3AQEqk7.jpg

ViBcLHN.jpg

Gs2jC4E.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.