1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. Dismiss Notice

Springfield Loaded Guide Rod?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by RedneckRampage, Dec 16, 2013.

  1. RedneckRampage

    RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

    Likes Received:
    I just bought a Loaded and want to get rid of the two piece guide rod that takes an allen. What is the best way to do this? I want a stainless rod, that I won't have to use tools with.
  2. duginsky

    duginsky Tualatin Active Member

    Likes Received:
    Just replace it with a single-piece FLGR. I find the FLGR to be more of a pain for field stripping and have long-preferred the standard GI rod/spring/bushing, personally - which is also an easy switch-out. They're relatively cheap to buy and see if you find any difference/preference...Brown and Baer use the standard, IIRC; Wilson can go either way, but I'm guessing...Enjoy the new pistol!
  3. iamme

    iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

    Likes Received:
    Go with a GI setup. Its the best easiest solution. Can choose from 10-8/ed brown/Wilson parts. Etc