Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Springfield Loaded 1911

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by kkil004, Sep 2, 2010.

1. kkil004

kkil004 Seattle New Member

Acquired this in a trade, but I wanted and later found a Mil-Spec. It has the usual wear and tear for a used firearm. Comes with the blue case, the allen wrench for takedown, and 3 x 8 round Chip McCormack power mags. For $700, with two regular Springfield 7 round magazines (and in about a week, another Springfield magazine of some sort; I'm expecting a gun I bought to come in).

Asking $750 FTF, also I'd prefer someone willing to do the voluntary transfer in Washington. Nothing personal, but if I don't know you, I don't want the gun still in my name. A CPL is required.

DSC00023.jpg

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  2. Shooter11b

Shooter11b Enumclaw, Washington, United States Tactical Bushcrafter

Would you consider any trades or are you only interested in cash?

3. kkil004

PM sent.

4. triple t

triple t SW Washington Member

PM re: Seecamp

5. kkil004

Trade pending...

6. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

If you are asking for transfer paperwork, then why do you require CPL??? The transfer goes through an FFL and a background check right??

7. oasis618

oasis618 Tacoma, Wa Active Member

I think he is referring to Washington's Private Disposition / Transfer form. http://www.dol.wa.gov/forms/652004.pdf Completely unnecessary but it makes some folks feel good. And to the seller, for the record, Washington doesn't have gun registration so it isn't in your name in the first place. Just FYI. :thumbup:

8. HeyJack

HeyJack Tacoma New Member

Actually there is somewhat of a registration. When you buy a handgun in a store, the store fills out the handgun form, one copy goes to Olympia and one to local police. That is how there is a 5 day (more so 10) waiting period to buy a handgun, unless you have a CPL...

9. oasis618

That is only to ensure that the person trying to purchase the gun is legally able to do so, not to register it to that person. Plus, the OP in this case didn't buy the gun from a store, he acquired it in trade.

I'm not saying the form is a bad thing to fill out, it just isn't needed, especially if the buyer has a concealed carry license. To each his own.

10. HeyJack

Hmm, if he didn't buy it from a store and got it in a trade, why is he worried about it being in his name? Assuming it was a FTF trade

11. oasis618

Exactly.

12. HeyJack

Ahh ok...so no need for the paperwork then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.