JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
SpringfieldLoaded1911-Kimber8400Targets007.jpg

SpringfieldLoaded1911-Kimber8400Targets006.jpg

SpringfieldLoaded1911-Kimber8400Targets005.jpg

SpringfieldLoaded1911-Kimber8400Targets004.jpg

SpringfieldLoaded1911-Kimber8400Targets003.jpg

I picked this one up the other day. I was actually going there to look at a Parkerized Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 Standard Model he had in stock. But after handling it and giving it a good once over it just didn't light my fire for some reason. It was a really nice pistol and all, but when I saw this Loaded Model my attention shifted to it.

It had the nicer Cocobolo grips, ambidextrous safety, along with the Novak style Trijicon Night Sights. All and all a much nicer package for not much more money, so I decided to go with it. This gun is very similar to my Range Officer, but better suited for carry with the Novak Night Sights.

I gave it a good cleaning when I got it home, and as you can see from the photographs, I also gave the Parkerizing a good oil soaking. I absolutely love Springfield 1911's. They really put a nice weapon together. The thing that really got me was the case it came in. This thing is built with every bit as much quality as a Storm or Pelican Model of the same size. It has all die cut high density foam for the pistol, holster, magazine holder, cleaning rod, as well as 3 cut outs for extra magazines.

It also has 2 holes that will accommodate a couple of nice size locks. About the only thing I noticed was that it had no O-Ring in the cutout along the edge. That isn't a problem because the local NAPA Auto Parts store by me has 5 MM O-Ring cord in 6' lengths for a couple of bucks. I'm going to pick up some and fit the case with an O-ring. I'm really surprised how they can offer such a nice case with the weapon. The older style blue cases my other Springfield 1911's came in are nice as well, but this one is much better. A similar Storm or Pelican Model in the same size is close to, if not over $100.00. I'm going to the range tomorrow, so I'll light it up then. If it shoots as well as my other Springfield's I'll be happy.

I bought this same gun last year and love it... probably my favorite gun I own. 800+ rounds fired, flawless.
I did swap out the two-piece guide rod for a one piece full length from Wilson Combat, but there was no reasoning behind it :)
Enjoy it!

I had the same gun a few years ago. The trigger was pretty nice, the gun was reasonably accurate but pretty loose too. The plunger tube broke loose and shot the plunger back into the safety, locking it in the "on" position. I had it re-staked and it came out again. It turns out the back hole was slightly larger than the front. I loc-tited the plunger tube onto the frame and ended up giving the gun to a friend, telling him not to use it for anything serious.

I may have to give Springers another look at some point. I have only owned one, a lightweight loaded a few years ago, and the trigger pull was awful. Easily 8+ pounds. I took it to my local gunsmith who did some minor work to smooth it out. It was better, but still heavy. I guess I could have invested in different springs, but I thought they should be able to make a 1911 with a decent trigger pull out of the box without having to do an action job or spring upgrade.

If you're wondering why I bought it in the first place, it was simply my fault for not giving it a more thorough review in the gun store where I bought it. My bad. I may have to try them again though as I continue to hear good things about them on this forum and 1911.com.

I handled the mil-spec? GI model the other day.I thought it was a cool 1911.But the little differences I see on your new gun would sway me to that one also.

What was the price on the loaded?GI was under $700 up here

I handled the mil-spec? GI model the other day.I thought it was a cool 1911.But the little differences I see on your new gun would sway me to that one also.

What was the price on the loaded?GI was under $700 up here

This one was $830.00. For that over the Mil-Spec you get the Novak Trijicon Night Sights, (They're over $100.00 alone), Ambi safety, Cocobolo grips, Skeleton hammer, and a few other "Loaded" upgrades I'm forgetting.

I had it out to the range today. It functioned perfectly. Before I went I field stripped it and greased the slide rails, and lubed it up really well. The gun came apart and went together with no headaches. No problems with an overly tight bushing, or poor fit anywhere. I was just using CCI Blazer Brass 230 Gr. FMJ loads. Both magazines supplied with the gun ran well, as did a couple Wilson Combat 8 rounders I brought along. I also took along 5 extra magazines that I bought from Springfield. They were the standard blued 7 round models. All fit the gun perfectly and ran well. The Trijicon Novak Sights were right on with a standard 6 O'Clock hold at 25 yards. I really like the sights on this gun. They acquire very easily, and even in bright Sunlight the dots stand out. The gun grouped well off a rest with 3 to 4 inch groups. For me with my eyes, I'll call that good.

I put a total of 200 rounds through the gun with no FTF's or FTE's. The gun cycled reliably through all 4 boxes of ammo. The CCI Blazer was a bit dirty, and after I got home I disassembled it and gave it a good wet cleaning. Afterward I relubed everything and it reassembled effortlessly. All in all it was a good day with no surprises. I couldn't be happier with the guns overall performance.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top