Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Springfield EMP 1911

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Iceberg, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Iceberg

Iceberg Forest Grove Active Member

Does anyone have one of these? I handled one the other day in 9mm and thought it was a pretty cool little carry pistol.

Springfield Armory

2. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

yea if you wanna pay out the A** for it.. I was going to get on in .40.. but decided i can get a .45 in a different brand thats the same size for a few $100 less... and then i could use the extra $$ over time to buy .45 ammo.. seems to be working find for me..

3. EMP9596

EMP9596 Two Trees West of Camas, WA. Active Member

Very nice carry and has been faultless. I have had mine since 5/09. Nice shooter, very accurate and has eaten everything fed it including all self defense ammo tried. Carrys very nice in a Galco QS212H which will handle all size springers up to 5".

EMPRed01017.jpg

4. Iceberg

I like the grips on your EMP. I was going to buy a Glock 26, but I changed my mind & just ordered an EMP 9mm from CDNN this morning (they will ship it out on Monday). Now the wait begins...lol. Hopefully it will come w/ a loaded coupon so that I can get some extra mags.

5. servingu

servingu Vancouver (not BC) WA (not DC) Member

what did you pay for it? i could not find one in the catalog.

6. Iceberg

It is in their email sale notice that they send out. You should sign up for them, they send the good deals out by email before the catalog is printed.

7. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

So how much did you pay for it?

8. EMP9596

Purchased mine at Brightwater Ventures and Mike's prices are fair: $1059.00

9. Iceberg

Roger that, I bought my Range Officer from Nick.

10. EMP9596

Ahh! Yer the guy that bagged it..
    While on the subject of the EMP.. Springer 'Locktites' their ejectors now instead of pining them. Mine started to get a small amount of play in it, I pulled it out and pined it. This has been a small problem with manufactures that now use the locktite and it can cause the slide to not go into battery or lock up. (nothing a rubber hammer won't cure) Some have sent their pistols back to Springer to be pined at Springers expense when the ejector loosens up. My new Loaded's ejector is pined in from Springer so maybe they have changed it?.

11. Prosser

Prosser Portland, OR. New Member

I had one of the first production EMP's in 9mm. It was a very accurate pistol for its size. I really enjoyed it, but wished it had some sort of checkering or stippling on the front grip.
    If you are comfortable with the manipulation of a thumb safety during FOF use, then its a great CCW. Since I carry a Glock 19 on duty, I had trouble transitioning to the thumb safety and decided to sell it.

12. Iceberg

I bought it really just to have it since it is a really cool little 1911. Yea, I'm 1911 sick and have been since the disco era......lol.

13. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

i absolutely love mine- but I will be sending in for Checkering, single side saftey and probably harrison trigger/ignition parts.

14. Iceberg

Picked her up yesterday; what a cool little pistol.
    001-1.jpg