Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Springfield Armory XDs Bi-tone

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Jul 19, 2012.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Has anyone seen a Springer XDs bi-tone model locally yet? I know they have them out east already. I am dying to get a hold of one of these.

SpringfieldXDSBiTone.jpg

SpringfieldXDSBiTone.jpg

2. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Junction City Active Member

I felt one up at Baker's Shoes & Guns in Eugene. Frankly, I was disappointed....I guess there was so much hype I expected more. Give me an XD-M any day over this model. Oh yeah, it was the bi-tone.

3. paid2sweat

paid2sweat Portland, OR Member

I just saw one this morning at Discount Gun Sales in Vancouver on Hwy 99. Sweet gun!

4. bikejunkie

bikejunkie Salem Well-Known Member

Is the XDs any slimmer than an XDm? It looks to be the same thickness to me

5. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

sure..

DSCN92401.jpg

6. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

I held an XDs and it's amazingly slim. Placed it side-by-side with my Glock 36, and wow, what an obvious difference. I couldn't wield it reliably without that extended mag (Springfield XDs 45ACP 7rd Extended Magazine-XDS50071) to hold my pinkie, but it's the smallest "serious" .45 that I've ever seen.

7. theflyguy

theflyguy Beaverton, Oregon Member

I've had a XD 9mm bi-tone for 3 years....sweet gun.

8. PDXoriginal

PDXoriginal PNW Well-Known Member

When they come out with a 9mm version I'll pick one up.

9. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

I have an XDM in .40 that is my carry mainstay. 9+1 for the short mag, 12+1 for the extended version.

My one and only complaint about this gun is that it just isn't accurate at ranges over 25 yards. (3/14 inch barrel, no surprise).

For long ranges I'm looking at extreme accuracy (ocular cavity with aimed fire) and I just can't get it with this gun. That's frankly a small complaint with a carry gun as a civilian. I'm EXTREMELY unlikely to have to engage past 7 yards and less likely yet to have to make a sniper shot at 25 yards +.

Don't know anything about the bi-tones, and I think they are ugly to start with. But the XDM as a carry gun is something I carry all the time, which should tell you about what I think about it.