JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm hunting for a high capacity long slide .40 S&W semi-auto.

Shot my son's XD .45 tactical (5") barrel, with 13+1 capacity, and I liked pretty much everything about it. So I was a little disappointed at the gun store today to learn the XD .40 only holds 12+1.

Then I started ogling the XD(M) .40 and found it goes 16+1. Now we're talking! Sometimes more is just... more. I dig all the M upgrades, too, so that's my next pistol.

Problem is they only had the 3.8" barrel there, and I prefer a longer sight radius. Poor guy behind the counter looked and looked online and couldn't tell me what other lengths exist for the XDM. Springfield's website has sexy gun pictures, but some of their pages are loading up wrong and I'm not seeing any useful data on the XDM .40 there.

Just digging around elsewhere, I'm seeing they make the XDM .40 in 3.8" and 4.5" barrels. Any such thing as a 5-inch "tactical" barrel in this caliber or is 4.5" the longest?

Also, while I'm asking people in-the-know, where will I get the best price within a 50-mile circle around Portland?

Thanks in advance!

[email protected]

Thanks NoAim. Springfield's website was working again on Monday, confirming your info about available barrels (3.8 and 4.5"). Compared to my 1911 Mil Spec, the sights on the 4.5 are actually spaced a half-inch longer. Works really well with and without glasses, so I got it. Guess where...

Fisherman's Marine $599
Gun Broker $619
NW Armory $639
Keith's $669

Thanks Brian. Would've been a wash in this case given gas prices, but I have bookmarked your website and I'll check you out for sure when they invent a new caliber I don't have yet. Like you, I never grasped the concept of paying a lot more for the same item.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top