JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
This is a smith corona (by springfield) model 03-a3 (22-250). Most of these are 30-06. Has the 30-06 action, but has been converted to 22-250cal. Beautiful looking gun. Way over sporterized! The barel is a very heavy bull barel (blued) and has a modified wooden stock. Beautiful stock. Few bumps and nicks. Then it was drilled for a scope, but the mounts are OLD SCHOOL! It's a top eject, so it can't have a scope mounted over the action... So it will need something changed... Beyond me. I don't know if it is possible to re-mount the iron sights on the thing or not. I really like this thing, but I'm stumped on what to do. I'm my opinion it's just a really heavy club at this point. If any of you out there think you can figure a way to make this functional then message me and I will send pics. The gun itself works fine, but unless you can shoot long distance with no sights then it's a club. I traded my bow for this... Wish I hadnt! So. I'm looking for anything that will shoot that doesn't need a bunch of BS! An old 30-06? Would love a lever action! Or any offer!!?? Or make me a cash offer. I feel it's worth at least $300? OH, and it has a super cool modified trigger. It's VERY light. Just a tap, and boom! Any offers!!!!! There has to be someone that can make this work....

Springfield actions have no problems with having a scope mounted directly above the top of the bolt. Been done a million times since the 30's And while your rifle is a Springfield Model 1903-A3 it was made by Smith Corona the typewriter company. NOT Springfield Armory.

you need to have the bolt handle turned to clear the scope often times, then you can have leopold bases mounted. without having the bolt turned it tends to hit most scopes unless you go for an extended eye releif. Do you know who made the barrel?

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.