Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Springfield Armory/ Smith Corona 22-250 Disaster

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by duckyherman, Feb 17, 2012.

1. duckyherman

duckyherman Spokane, WA Active Member

This is a smith corona (by springfield) model 03-a3 (22-250). Most of these are 30-06. Has the 30-06 action, but has been converted to 22-250cal. Beautiful looking gun. Way over sporterized! The barel is a very heavy bull barel (blued) and has a modified wooden stock. Beautiful stock. Few bumps and nicks. Then it was drilled for a scope, but the mounts are OLD SCHOOL! It's a top eject, so it can't have a scope mounted over the action... So it will need something changed... Beyond me. I don't know if it is possible to re-mount the iron sights on the thing or not. I really like this thing, but I'm stumped on what to do. I'm my opinion it's just a really heavy club at this point. If any of you out there think you can figure a way to make this functional then message me and I will send pics. The gun itself works fine, but unless you can shoot long distance with no sights then it's a club. I traded my bow for this... Wish I hadnt! So. I'm looking for anything that will shoot that doesn't need a bunch of BS! An old 30-06? Would love a lever action! Or any offer!!?? Or make me a cash offer. I feel it's worth at least $300? OH, and it has a super cool modified trigger. It's VERY light. Just a tap, and boom! Any offers!!!!! There has to be someone that can make this work....

2. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Springfield actions have no problems with having a scope mounted directly above the top of the bolt. Been done a million times since the 30's And while your rifle is a Springfield Model 1903-A3 it was made by Smith Corona the typewriter company. NOT Springfield Armory.

3. jerman1964

jerman1964 Sherwood, OR Member

you need to have the bolt handle turned to clear the scope often times, then you can have leopold bases mounted. without having the bolt turned it tends to hit most scopes unless you go for an extended eye releif. Do you know who made the barrel?

4. tdb59

tdb59 OR Active Member

Pictures ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.