JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife and I are planning trips around the N/W, except for Washington State. I am considering a Springfield Armory Saint AR pistol as a PDW. Does anyone have positive or negative thoughts about using an AR style pistol. Thanks in advance....

5.56/.223 unsuppressed? Range toy, IMO. Fun, accurate, but range toy none the less.

.300 AAC (.300 blackout), sure. Again IMO.

Writing here where you didn't want to take a rifle/carbine, but wanted access to something better than a simple standard concealable sidearm. Ala truck/trunk gun light.

AR pistol for self defense? I would say it can be effective if you are trained and familiar with the platform - just hope you never have to shoot it indoors. I would say that a holstered handgun that you carry on your person will be more effective just due to the fact you can get to it and make ready very quickly. Also doubt you'll need to make 50+ yard shots for self defense.

Specifically the SA Saint? Seems like a solid platform, lots of people hate on SA but I have had reasonably good luck with them. I say go for it if you can find a good deal on the thing.

I have a 7.5" AR pistol and it's a .223 wylde so I can shoot .223 rem. or 5.56 NATO. It only has a flash hider and it is accurate and reliable. And I have a PDW brace on it.

Now..... it is a bit heavy and that's fine because compared to my M4, it has a little more recoil but nothing bad at all so the extra weight kinda helps (the brace is hefty and I have an Aimpoint PRO installed too). But being a 7.5", that puppy barks pretty loud and I can't imagine shooting it indoors without ear protection. I shoot it mainly in an indoor range and it has a bit of a concussion.

-For crowd control and straight up intimidation, YASSSSS lol.

-For indoor self defense use, hmmmmm..... I think I would use a pistol caliber carbine. That's why I bought a MP5 9mm for EDC and home/indoor defense.

If you are gonna run a suppressor/silencer, as long as the pistol cycles well, then you can totally go with an AR pistol. I don't have experience with 300 blackout so I can't comment on that caliber/round.
PDWs.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads