JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have one. I picked it over cheaper options just because it is med-length.
It is OK for the price but unfortunately mine had a canted FSB that was bad enough I had to correct it.
The stock is nice, I like the handguards, gave the pistol grip a few range trips but it had to go.
The trigger is better than mil-spec but not as nice as my Right to Bear NTFE coated trigger.
The rear sight is super lightweight and seems to be well made. It locks up tight.
All the machining is great and the lower is the nicest I have owned.

I owned one, furniture is nice by bcm, the stock is a bit small for my cheek. Other then that i had no problems it was just another ar, fit and finish was nicer then cheaper options. Small features on it were nice for the price range, can get it cheaper if you look around

I like that it's a mid length gas system and I like the look of the handgaurd. But I'm reading a lot on how people are having issues so now I'm wondering if I should just get a Colt 6920. Tough choice when it comes to almost a grand.

Last Edited:
I have no personal experience with the Saint, but there are MANY options if your requirements are to have a mid length gas system. Most 16" barrels have the mids and some are carbine. Hand guards can be changed out relatively easily and I wouldn't overpay for a AR just because it says Colt on it.

I know there are other AR out there just not real knowledgeable what's good vs not great. I have thought about building one but like the idea of just buying one. Most of my knowledge is in handguns and bolt rifles so this is a new adventure for me.

Look at the Rugers if you are concerned with the Saint.

After shooting and handling both product lines, I went with the gas piston Ruger. Not the cheapest option but well worth the money, IMHO.

I'm thinking about getting a Saint but haven't really seen any posts about anyone's experience with them. I would love to hear some feedback before I get one.
1) Colt 6920
Colt_6920_C2.jpg
This thing hurts mt eyes just to look at it.
Carbine gassed, 16" stickin' way out with a silly M203 cut....freakin' yikes.
This is your typical entry level rig.

2) At least SA got the geometry a little closer to correct with the Saint.
(distance from FSB to muzzle is same as 20" rifle)
And you get some nice upgrades with it.
It's one of the nicer "above entry level" rigs on the market.
ST916556B_1200xN.png

When a man says to buy something because its sexy, you should run from that product.

I have built a few ARs (lost count over 40), I currently own 2. An 11.5" barreled pistol i built and a factory PWS Mk107 Diablo pistol, I have considered the Saint pistol but its so late to the market and I literally paid as much for a Colt 6940(I paid 850$ at NW Armory). Ended up trading it to a LEO for two Sigs (a P229sas and a P229R). Colts are gold in most mens eyes.
My go to build for the money is a cheap kit from PSA and whatever lower floats your boat. You can't go wrong with PSA, a great rifle for under 500$.

Huge fan of aero precision ac15, very good basic rifle i believe brownells has them for 650ish$ mid length gas system all milspec rifle. I have no experience with it but i have heard nothing but good about it! Lots of good reviews on the interweb. I do have experience with the savage msr15 and that rifle is famtastic! Midlength gas system, savage 5r barrel with an 11 degree target crown, better than average trigger and a freefloat rail. That will run you around 800. The saint is an all around solid option. As are the smith and wesson and the ruger ar556. I do believe that out of those three however, the saint is the closest to milspec and of better quality than the other two to my understanding. Hope this helps!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top