JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yea there is one 'mod' I would like to perform on my 1911-A1 1911 (older, parked model) and that is the BT grip safety mod and in this case I don't think if would affect the value much since it's just a 'plain Jane' Colt (but shoots near match grade) but it IS a Colt frame so I have been thinking of trying to find a good condition frame that already has the BT grip on it.

I would probably have to settle for a non-Colt frame but its a shooter/carrier so no biggee.

Yea there is one 'mod' I would like to perform on my 1911-A1 1911 (older, parked model) and that is the BT grip safety mod and in this case I don't think if would affect the value much since it's just a 'plain Jane' Colt (but shoots near match grade) but it IS a Colt frame so I have been thinking of trying to find a good condition frame that already has the BT grip on it.

I would probably have to settle for a non-Colt frame but its a shooter/carrier so no biggee.
Yes when you get into "collector" stuff you do have to be careful. "Collectors" are a funny lot. Some will pay what I consider insane prices for stuff because it's a "collector". Of course to keep the best value they have to remain as they left the factory. 1911's are a great example of that. Back decades back I used to see some amazing prices paid for "original" old pistols. Now? It is a lot further along as so few remain. So anyone with something that is of interest to collector may be far ahead to buy something new to mess with.

Damn, had not looked in a while. When I just did the auction has none for ready to buy. They had dropped to about 1K for a good while. Looks like they must have sold well for the holiday and the are again gone. The pipe like will fill at some time and temptation will be most likely getting me to buy one. :D

I wish you guys the best of luck with these SA variants. I sat here and read all 17 pages with my Belgium made browning HP in 40 S&W sitting on my lap.
which is now out of production and used ones go for $1500, if you can find one

I'll have to settle for a new production S.A.

it's nice to have a collectable, I just want a range pistol, I don't mind if it's not labeled FN

my .45 1911 is a S.A., not a Colt, but it shoots just fine

which is now out of production and used ones go for $1500, if you can find one

I'll have to settle for a new production S.A.

it's nice to have a collectable, I just want a range pistol, I don't mind if it's not labeled FN

my .45 1911 is a S.A., not a Colt, but it shoots just fine
I may have to pick an SA up down the road when they are readily available. Be nice to have one in 9mm.

I wish you guys the best of luck with these SA variants. I sat here and read all 17 pages with my Belgium made browning HP in 40 S&W sitting on my lap.
I enjoy mine, both the 40 and 9mm, but I picked up a 357 SIG barrel for the 40, years ago, now out of production. Did you know even an OEM replacement barrel in 40 goes for nearly $500?

I enjoy mine, both the 40 and 9mm, but I picked up a 357 SIG barrel for the 40, years ago, now out of production. Did you know even an OEM replacement barrel in 40 goes for nearly $500?

They never did make many 40's.