JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nicely done.

Well make sure and post a short review after the first couple hundred rounds. You might be the first person on NWFA who has one.
I will unfortunately I have to wait for my background to clear and it's 3-10 business days in Washington.

My main complaint so far is only one magazine and it doesn't drop freely.

I am, at times, the only Keltec and Taurus supporter! Do I win a prize!
Nope, you're not alone. I have a KelTec PM 30 and several Taurus pistols. I had an SU-16, which I sold before I left the PRK. My 1st Taurus was/is a model 85 snubby that I bought something like 35 years ago and I still have and carry on occasion. I had their 1911 but also dumped it before I moved north. I'm a big fan of my Tracker 7 shot .357
They are decent guns at a good price.

I was originally excited about SA coming out with their High Power clone, but the more I thought about it the less excited I became. I'm sure it will be an excellent pistol, but it's really nothing special.

I'm old and traditional, I've carried full size and Commander size 1911's and Browning High Powers.
I've had FN's, brownings, one Argentinian clone and a FEG and I'm very familiar with the platform.

So today I put a bid in on a 1954 FN High Power on gunbroker. I figure if I get it I'll get it for less than the Springfield and have that old fashioned Belgian goodness.

I was originally excited about SA coming out with their High Power clone, but the more I thought about it the less excited I became. I'm sure it will be an excellent pistol, but it's really nothing special.

I'm old and traditional, I've carried full size and Commander size 1911's and Browning High Powers.
I've had FN's, brownings, one Argentinian clone and a FEG and I'm very familiar with the platform.

So today I put a bid in on a 1954 FN High Power on gunbroker. I figure if I get it I'll get it for less than the Springfield and have that old fashioned Belgian goodness.
I'd be surprised I got mine for 600

I haven't found one at a reasonable price yet. So buying an excellent old model FN makes a lot of sense to me. If it was my first HP I might feel differently and go for the Springer just because.

I haven't found one at a reasonable price yet. So buying an excellent old model FN makes a lot of sense to me. If it was my first HP I might feel differently and go for the Springer just because.
They are "down to" 1K now. Still selling as fast as they can get them out the door but price is already half what they were selling for. When they get down to MSRP and less it will probably be too much for me to hold out any more :D

I think I found the one you are bidding on. Is it the one with what looks like a hard chrome plating ? If so is that a factory finish?

I didn't realize it was an Herstal FN so it won't go nearly as high as the Brownings I have seen .

Earlier this week, I called SA to ask about the supply of the new SA-35. The representative I spoke to said they are shipping out quite a few of these to distributors currently, and dealers who purchase direct from SA should be able to place an order direct from them and get one reasonably quickly (within 2-3 weeks). I haven't tried to get one yet, and don't need it enough to join a bidding war on GB for one.

Earlier this week, I called SA to ask about the supply of the new SA-35. The representative I spoke to said they are shipping out quite a few of these to distributors currently, and dealers who purchase direct from SA should be able to place an order direct from them and get one reasonably quickly (within 2-3 weeks). I haven't tried to get one yet, and don't need it enough to join a bidding war on GB for one.
SA is selling direct now? Did not know they took up doing this. Almost all manufacturers stopped doing that quite a while ago due to it being more trouble than it was worth. If SA is going to do this that is nice. For those willing to pay the "going rate" right now is 1K. Have not looked much at those out to bid but doubt any are going less than that. The 1K price is pay and they ship. Of course the buyer has to add on the shipping and then the transfer cost. It is getting tempting I have to say :D

@RVTECH It's a factory finish, kind of a pre-Robar spray on coating. I had one before, but it was a Browning. I bid on the FN because that's where the HP started and I'm old and I like that kind of stuff.

I paid $649 for mines from my LGS. I ordered 2 additional mags from SA. Its going to be a keeper.

20211119_101101.jpg

I was a little bummed when the guy from the BH spring solution vid mentioned the front sight dovetail being smaller and the rear 'substantially' larger than compared to say a Mk III Browning HP and that there were currently no sight upgrade options for it.

Why in the heck didn't they just cut them the same as the Browning? Heck when I swapped the sights on my CZ I had plenty of options for the rear as it is just a std. 3/8 dovetail.

I never buy when a new model first comes out because there are always bugs in the production. When they get them fixed I will buy one and I wish they would hurry up.
I agree with you on 1st gen or 'new model' of anything as well but specifically What 'bugs in production' are you referring to?

If you mean the ones outlined by the BH spring guys well, they are going to maybe dig for what they can find for obvious reasons but all the other reviews were pretty positive., and what few were identified were nothing that would keep me from buying one now.

The sight issue was kind of a buzz killer but I might overlook it as the sights are pretty decent for a stock gun so I think I can overlook it.

I agree with you on 1st gen or 'new model' of anything as well but specifically What 'bugs in production' are you referring to?

If you mean the ones outlined by the BH spring guys well, they are going to maybe dig for what they can find for obvious reasons but all the other reviews were pretty positive., and what few were identified were nothing that would keep me from buying one now.

The sight issue was kind of a buzz killer but I might overlook it as the sights are pretty decent for a stock gun so I think I can overlook it.
Like Colts new Python rollout they had problems, I believe SA will have a few bugs. I quit shooting my high power when they stopped making them as the values were getting too high. I wish SA had copied close enough that parts would be interchangeable. SA is a good company so I feel confident they will quickly fix any problem.