JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reminds me of when the PT Cruisers first arrived on the scene. The prices were astronomical. The first one I saw locally was on a car lot being sold as barely used for a pile of money. Twelve months later you could get a new one for half their price.
Think of the bargain price you can pick one up these days!!!

The first ones on Gunbroker are at $1300 with several days left to bid.
order yours first, then please post for the rest of us when you find out
I'm ready to put my money down for one!!
I talked to a couple of my distributors and they unfortunately have no idea when these will start becoming available. Once I can get them, the price should be about $620 + $10 background check.

It's a Springfield…. And a knock off…. That in itself is reason enough for me to pass.

It's a Springfield…. And a knock off…. That in itself is reason enough for me to pass.

Disagree. Recent manufacture Springfield Armory pistols are displaying superb fit and finish, not even considering the price point they're selling at. All the video and photos I'm seeing indicate that this pistol is a class act with excellent fit and finish, plus substantial improvements to the original.

I'm in. For certain. (But I will wait to get one at or below MSRP, just like I did with my "new" Python.)

Disagree. Recent manufacture Springfield Armory pistols are displaying superb fit and finish, not even considering the price point they're selling at. All the video and photos I'm seeing indicate that this pistol is a class act with excellent fit and finish, plus substantial improvements to the original.

I'm in. For certain. (But I will wait to get one at or below MSRP, just like I did with my "new" Python.)
You're in. I'm still out.

We are all happy, and thank you too! More for us!!!!
Clearly this forum lacks a quorum of Hi-Power fans. Fortunately, the few of us here can make up for that.

Exactly. More for us. (Perhaps it should be considered refreshing that someone indicates a disdain for SA, rather than the tiresome ol' Kimber, Taurus and Colt hate.) Oh, and we all know that Hi-Power fans (along with 1911 guys) are typically the most enlightened of all semi-auto pistol aficionados...

Clearly this forum lacks a quorum of Hi-Power fans. Fortunately, the few of us here can make up for that.

Exactly. More for us. (Perhaps it should be considered refreshing that someone indicates a disdain for SA, rather than the tiresome ol' Kimber, Taurus and Colt hate.) Oh, and we all know that Hi-Power fans (along with 1911 guys) are typically the most enlightened of all semi-auto pistol aficionados...
Enlightened isn't the word I would have gone with….. :D

I wonder if one was to do an age survey if one would find an age point for a preference for steel guns over Polymer? I have a bunch of handguns and only two of them are Polymer and those are my "ready service" firearms.

Edited to add that some would classify me in the "older" category at 65 years old.

I wonder if one was to do an age survey if one would find an age point for a preference for steel guns over Polymer? I have a bunch of handguns and only two of them are Polymer and those are my "ready service" firearms.

Edited to add that some would classify me in the "older" category at 65 years old.
That would be an interesting poll. I'm in my mid-40's and I own both steel and polymer pistols, and I like them both for different reasons. I never owned a Hi-Power because they were scarce, expensive, and mostly beat-up. So I'm looking forward to adding a brand new example. This doesn't diminish my enjoyment of the modern polymer guns.

Of course if people start setting fires in the neighborhood and tipping cars over I am grabbing a rifle, not a handgun.

I guess if you're not a collector and you see handguns as purely utilitarian then you might have a different perspective.

Last Edited:

I'm not much younger than you and have steel and polymer guns. I've never lusted after a polymer. But, they do have their uses.

Just a few years behind you age wise. Own both steel and polymer sidearms. There just something about steel and wood, whether it be blued or stainless. Those arms are, in my opinion more collectible, and have a better chance of being turned into generational family heirlooms. They can be utilitarian as well, don't get me wrong, there's more facets to their existence.

And yes, I've carried many a steel and wood firearm. Also a mid 80's vintage Hi Power owner, polished blue and walnut grips, brand spanking new in the box, for a rip roaring 449.95, back in that day.

Polymer pistols have their place as well, I view them more as tool, like a hammer, saw or shovel. I don't view polymers as collectibles nor heirloom eligible, not to say they couldn't be, just not for me. I'll keep them as fighting arms, that if they end up in an evidence locker, well I wouldn't be heartbroken over it.

And for the record, I have my grandfathers hammer, still swing it when the need arises, so some tools I guess, do become generational.

I'm in my mid-forties.....

I like both. I own both. I don't think one is inherently better than the other. They both have their place.

Just a few years behind you age wise. Own both steel and polymer sidearms. There just something about steel and wood, whether it be blued or stainless. Those arms are, in my opinion more collectible, and have a better chance of being turned into generational family heirlooms. They can be utilitarian as well, don't get me wrong, there's more facets to their existence.

And yes, I've carried many a steel and wood firearm. Also a mid 80's vintage Hi Power owner, polished blue and walnut grips, brand spanking new in the box, for a rip roaring 449.95, back in that day.

Polymer pistols have their place as well, I view them more as tool, like a hammer, saw or shovel. I don't view polymers as collectibles nor heirloom eligible, not to say they couldn't be, just not for me. I'll keep them as fighting arms, that if they end up in an evidence locker, well I wouldn't be heartbroken over it.

And for the record, I have my grandfathers hammer, still swing it when the need arises, so some tools I guess, do become generational.

I don't look at polymer guns as heirlooms either. I have some really nice wood and steel guns that I have collected and inherited. They are my prize possessions for sure. But I also don't live in the past and think that anything "new" or "modern" is junk....not by a long shot. I embrace the new technologies, I realize that some of them are more reliable and just as durable with new modern materials. Doesn't automatically make them cheap or junk, just different.

I received a private convo from a member in this thread basically telling me my opinions don't mean anything and I should stop posting that Glocks are the ONLY good firearms. Funny enough, I've never posted anything of the sort. In fact, my last firearm purchase was a frigging TAURUS. Before that was a Marlin. Before that was a Ruger.

I wonder how many in this thread have posted in the past how lousy they think 9mm is? They probably forgot because they are pushing each other out of the way to get at this 9mm SAHP. :D

I don't look at polymer guns as heirlooms either. I have some really nice wood and steel guns that I have collected and inherited. They are my prize possessions for sure. But I also don't live in the past and think that anything "new" or "modern" is junk....not by a long shot. I embrace the new technologies, I realize that some of them are more reliable and just as durable with new modern materials. Doesn't automatically make them cheap or junk, just different.

I received a private convo from a member in this thread basically telling me my opinions don't mean anything and I should stop posting that Glocks are the ONLY good firearms. Funny enough, I've never posted anything of the sort. In fact, my last firearm purchase was a frigging TAURUS. Before that was a Marlin. Before that was a Ruger.

I wonder how many in this thread have posted in the past how lousy they think 9mm is? They probably forgot because they are pushing each other out of the way to get at this 9mm SAHP. :D
Also an equal opportunity purchaser. I've carried polymer longer than I've not, with a gen2 G19 holding the distinction of my longest carried edc at over a decade. Carried a Shield .45 for a couple of years or so and now it's a P365. By the way, I'm caliber agnostic :D