JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wonder who "makes" them, as far as l know, Springfield Inc has assembly capability but not manufacturing capabilities. Anyone remember the P9 the put out in the early 90's

I was wondering the same thing. The last I checked, the Argentinians were still making a licensed HP copy, in both standard and compact configurations. I'm not sure who else is making HPs these days though. :s0092:

So SA isn't actually manufacturing their goods?

Very interesting, so they broke ground in April on a 200,000 sq/f facility wonder how complete it is. I am no complaining just a little surprised. I know them for selling pistols made in Croatia, Brazil, Italy and rifles made in Greece, Australia and Taiwan (M1a parts, not sure about the recievers, are those cast by ADI like their Garands?)

You know, these could have early production roll out problems.

In the interest of fellow NWFA member safety...you guys should hold off on ordering until I get my order delivered just to make sure they're ok.:s0047:

You know, these could have early production roll out problems.

In the interest of fellow NWFA member safety...you guys should hold off on ordering until I get my order delivered just to make sure they're ok.:s0047:
You are a thoughtful fella. I'll be waiting for your report.

Not gonna lie. This one has me excited, even if it is clone. The Ruger Marlin lever action .357 was gonna be the last gun I ever needed. Now I need to buy two last guns..
Yes indeedy! I want one as well. There's always room for another last gun in my collection too! I plan to buy an SA
p-35 at the 1st opportunity
Well,

Well, nobody in this page has shot this newest iteration so....

It may have been a great gun decades ago but I don't think it has any value today beyond the sentimental.

The Hi-Power is definitely a solid option for a combat/self-defense pistol.
I'm wondering if you've ever shot a HiPower. For myself, its is the best fitting pistol I've ever handled. It just fits my hand well and points naturally
View attachment 1058382

At the end of the day, I'm really kicking myself for not just buying one of these.

The excuse I had at that time was the significant expense of the built up beavertail , which was reflected in the price. I don't benefit from that feature, so I didn't want to pay for it .

Stupid on my part.
The $3000 price tag I saw on one of those Nighthawks scared me off. I opted to send my .40S&W HiPower to Cylinder & Slide They did an accuracy job, pulled the mag safety, did a trigger job, built up a beavertail and refinished it for about $800 IIRC My 9mm is stock, minus the mag safety

It may have been a great gun decades ago but I don't think it has any value today beyond the sentimental.
Still is a great gun and I assume you mean by 'value today' to be 'viability' possibly?

If so then the new SA-35 will be very viable. Not everyone wants the latest and greatest plastic fantastic. Many still want traditional steel and open iron sights and put more 'value' on that than anything else - and I think these will be an excellent seller.

I do, and have now decided against a RIA 9mm 1911 in favor of one of the SA-35s when I find one!

FWIW, there are now several for sale on Gunbroker $1000+... Wonder who these shops are and how they got theirs so quick. Probably YouTubers selling their demo models.

I signed up for the Brownell's notification. It's been a hell of a last two years and I deserve a nice Christmas present.

Still is a great gun and I assume you mean by 'value today' to be 'viability' possibly?

If so then the new SA-35 will be very viable. Not everyone wants the latest and greatest plastic fantastic. Many still want traditional steel and open iron sights and put more 'value' on that than anything else - and I think these will be an excellent seller.

I do, and have now decided against a RIA 9mm 1911 in favor of one of the SA-35s when I find one!
Yep. It'll likely be a thousand years before the Hi-Power is eclipsed as being the planet's most numerous service type pistol.

I love mine (originals and a FEG). But will this newer generation of shooters take to it?

*Yeah.....no plastic parts.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....*that's a joke, son.

BUT, But, but.....GLOCK!

FWIW, there are now several for sale on Gunbroker $1000+... Wonder who these shops are and how they got theirs so quick. Probably YouTubers selling their demo models.

I signed up for the Brownell's notification. It's been a hell of a last two years and I deserve a nice Christmas present.
I can wait, in just a few months they'll be out there at 579.00 buy now pricing…

Yea and one at $1,499.99 from 'Carolina Caliber Company' so I guess the new reality is gun shops capitalizing on something new and popular and putting them up on Gunbroker and playing that out.
Reminds me of when the PT Cruisers first arrived on the scene. The prices were astronomical. The first one I saw locally was on a car lot being sold as barely used for a pile of money. Twelve months later you could get a new one for half their price.