JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is there one solitary proprietary design by SA?
I've heard for years how the High Power was a John Browning design
true, it was based on John Browning's expired patents, but Browning was not involved in the final design, he had died in '26
his design for the P-35 couldn't use his old patents at the time of his death
the patents he sold to Colt expired in '28 and FN used these patents to design the finished product known as the P-35 High Power
Dieudonne Saive was the lead FN engineer on the project
I take pleasure in correcting self proclaimed firearm experts at local barn gatherings and shoots on that point - I mean you can find this data with your smart phone

Well,
You probably haven't shot one then.
Well, nobody in this page has shot this newest iteration so....

It may have been a great gun decades ago but I don't think it has any value today beyond the sentimental.

It's just a nice, shootable 9mm .
I have yet to own, or even run a 9mm 1911 . But I assume that would be comparable for just plain comfort of use.
I personally like the horizontal trigger of a 1911 design over a pivoting trigger

I was out shooting my 9mm 1911 this afternoon in the front field, but I've been shooting 1911 designs sine '68

my preference

Lead_HIPOWER_LARGE_011.jpg

At the end of the day, I'm really kicking myself for not just buying one of these.

The excuse I had at that time was the significant expense of the built up beavertail , which was reflected in the price. I don't benefit from that feature, so I didn't want to pay for it .

Stupid on my part.

their 1911s have been sourced and made in USA for years

but in our global economy, who makes 100% of their products

not Chevy or Ford

Colt is not even an American owned company any longer
Do they make any percentage of their products?

Well,

Well, nobody in this page has shot this newest iteration so....

It may have been a great gun decades ago but I don't think it has any value today beyond the sentimental.
I don't know about that, I was looking for an all steel, hammer fired, high capacity 9mm to shoot dueling tree and speed steel events and this tics all the boxes for me.

I'm good with the Argentine hi powers, the only hipower maker using a facility set up and licensed by fn.
Same. I've shot original HPs and the Argentinian ones, and no complaints. (I, ever so vaguely, recall shooting at least one of the Hungarian FÉG ones, but don't really have much of a lasting memory.)

Remember when they were $200 NOS?

Sigh
Indeed I do. Double sigh.