JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I've never shot a BHP or clone before. I get the rationale for eliminating the magazine disconnect feature (if it cleans up the trigger pull), but as a single action hammer fire, how is it meant to be carried? One chambered, fully cocked and safety on? (which I think is left side only).

Question for those more in the know than me, this has cut rifleing rather than Polygonal, right? All I can find is that it's a hammer forged barrel.

Last Edited:
So I've never shot a BHP or clone before. I get the rationale for eliminating the magazine disconnect feature (if it cleans up the trigger pull), but as a single action hammer fire, how is it meant to be carried? One chambered, fully cocked and safety on? (which I think is left side only).
Yep. And personally, when carrying a cocked and locked Hi-Power I don't want an ambidextrous safety nor a large one. I actually like the small original one best because it is very unlikely to move unless you do it deliberately yourself.

Thanks! That makes sense. I'll need to find an internal diagram of the Hi-Power safety mechanics. I'm more comfortable with redundant thumb and grip combo safeties but am always willing learn and try something [new].

edit: …or old but new again.

I went ahead and ordered one from my local gun dealer so we'll see how long it takes to actually get it. My history with Springfield not in stock guns is poor. I waited 14 months for a Range Officer Match before canceling my order and buying a Rock Island.

Last Edited:
Street price should be 10 to 15% less than the 699 MSRP. This is on my wish list.

Last Edited:
Gimmee, gimmee now, want one now, today dammit. Seriously, I wonder if they will be offering one in a polished blue.
Slot it for a stock, put on tangent sights. Sbr it?
Getting chest pains, I want it. Argh, taking nitro now.

Last Edited:
Siiiigh. They say if you have to explain your joke, it wasn't funny. I guess I'll have to keep my day job. Oh crap! I don't have a day job.

Anyway, I posted that bogus information about experts in an attempt to dissuade others from ordering the SA Hi Power, so guys like you and me can get in the front of the line. I thought putting that part about hitting the "refresh" button in an attempt to order one would be sort of a confession of my true intent. Sorry for the confusion. I want to get my hands on one of these as well. Almost as badly as you.
sorry, my wife says I have no sense of humor

I wonder who "makes" them, as far as l know, Springfield Inc has assembly capability but not manufacturing capabilities.
I was wondering the same thing. The last I checked, the Argentinians were still making a licensed HP copy, in both standard and compact configurations. I'm not sure who else is making HPs these days though. :s0092:

Wonder if they'll eventually offer Frame/Slide gunsmith kits? Genuine Inglises are going nuts (and WA's bullSchiff "backdoor pistol registry") so I was wondering if this might have potential for giving the GF hands-on experience with what her dad probably would have handled back in his RCAF days.