JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a sad, sordid tale but I had to buy four (4) Springfield Armory M1A's to get one that was made right. If, when I started with M1A No. 1, I'd known what I know today, I would've paid the extra money and bought a Fulton (or LRB or Bula). And would've saved money, in spite of the initial extra cost of the up-market brands.

Heck, I probably would've done better with a Norinco.
I feel for you if you had to buy 4 to get on right

both mine were fine right out of the box - but I purchased "loaded" models, not rack grade

now, I observed a Norinco sever at the barrel joint to the receiver and drop the barrel on the ground

they make good AKs, but I wouldn't trust one of their M14s

I've been buying and shooting Springfield products since 1989
I don't have an issue
I would like to hear specific complaints
Is there one solitary proprietary design by SA?

There's also the fact that SA supported legislation in Illinois, where they're headquartered, that would limit the number of firearm purchases by individuals to 3 or so a month as I remember.

I'm glad you haven't had problems with yours but they are certainly not the best, or even close and their product seems cheap to me.

Everybody relax and stand down. These knock-off Hi Powers are absolute garbage. I've spoken to no less than two, no three dozen firearms experts and they are all in agreement. I can't name them of course, as they have all insisted on anonymity. ( as he continuously hits the "refresh" button trying to get one ordered )
as retired engineer, I've dealt with to many self proclaimed experts in my 50 years in my field

I'll let you know once I get one in my hands to evaluate

Ummmm, how about the Glock in 22lr??? Want to talk about hype? Didn't they prop up the hype to higher levels about this and then deliver a product that still has issues?
You must have missed all my posts about it when it first dropped. And I thought we were talking about SA?

I'll save you the scrolling, I bought a TX-22 and both were in stock that day.

nope, I must have missed that discussion at our local bar
Siiiigh. They say if you have to explain your joke, it wasn't funny. I guess I'll have to keep my day job. Oh crap! I don't have a day job.

Anyway, I posted that bogus information about experts in an attempt to dissuade others from ordering the SA Hi Power, so guys like you and me can get in the front of the line. I thought putting that part about hitting the "refresh" button in an attempt to order one would be sort of a confession of my true intent. Sorry for the confusion. I want to get my hands on one of these as well. Almost as badly as you.

Haha we're all good brother. But….at least the G44 is ORIGINAL. :s0108:
Original like every other 10 round 22lr since the early 1900's? Other than that, the hype definitely lived up to what even I was watching live at 10:00 that morning. Yes, we are all good but don't cast stones in a still pond.

Original like every other 10 round 22lr since the early 1900's? Other than that, the hype definitely lived up to what even I was watching live at 10:00 that morning. Yes, we are all good but don't cast stones in a still pond.
Ah….so don't have an opinion? Rhetorical.

Back on topic.

Meh. Can't say I'm excited. Maybe if it was in high gloss blued steel. Or something other than just another 9mm. Hard to get excited about a new flavor of white bread

I feel for you if you had to buy 4 to get on right

both mine were fine right out of the box - but I purchased "loaded" models, not rack grade

now, I observed a Norinco sever at the barrel joint to the receiver and drop the barrel on the ground
Well, getting the receiver drilled right so that the barrel sits straight and true (one gun had this issue) shouldn't matter what grade the rifle is.

I have to say, 3 bad ones and 1 good one may have been bad luck. I hope their other products aren't as troublesome as what I experienced with the M1A's

I did have one bad experience with their service dept. Without going into the long story, I sent one in for a barrel replacement. What I got back was a different barrel, but I'm not so sure it wasn't a used part.

Tell me you don't admire the wood on a Norinco.

Rumor I heard before this was released was these were basically Tisas. Springfield says made in USA but where were the parts made? I wondered if that is like the P-1 Manhurins made in France with the parts made in Germany. I don't think Springfield can build an all steel framed pistol of older design for that price point.