JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
where are they selling them? I called around the Portland area this morning and can't find anyone taking orders
Distributors don't even have them listed for sale yet unfortunately. It could be awhile. I am waiting to hear back from one of my sales reps to see if they have any idea on timing.

No mag safety
ext safety
wood grips
street price around 560-580

yeah gonna buy as soon as I see one.

BTW my Tisas quaility is better than my original BHP from 1990s

Judging from the posts in this thread, I'm thinking it may be awhile before a guy can get his hands on one of these. Not to mention the fact that supply and demand may drive the price up.

Fortunately, I'm not one of those guys that always has to have the new shiny thing. Well, usually. Gulp! Who am I kidding?

Judging from the posts in this thread, I'm thinking it may be awhile before a guy can get his hands on one of these. Not to mention the fact that supply and demand may drive the price up.

Fortunately, I'm not one of those guys that always has to have the new shiny thing. Well, usually. Gulp! Who am I kidding?
being on the down side of 70 and sliding fast, I want to shoot one before they spread my ashes

I've been buying and shooting Springfield products since 1989
I don't have an issue
I would like to hear specific complaints
The XD, just a rebranded Croatian HS2000
Grip Zone, see above
The Saint
The Hellcat

I'll always be fond of the M1/M14 rifles. Everything else they make is just a copy of another gun. I will say I've never had any issues with reliability or anything with the few Springfields I've owned.

The XD, just a rebranded Croatian HS2000
Grip Zone, see above
The Saint
The Hellcat

I'll always be fond of the M1/M14 rifles. Everything else they make is just a copy of another gun. I will say I've never had any issues with reliability or anything with the few Springfields I've owned.
Buy original American?
I've never had an issue with my IMBEL frame SA 1911
my son's 911 .380 is a keeper
I've had 2 M1As - no complaint on either
my Subarus aren't made in America, but are some of the best autos for our NW lifestyle

Based on the number of people above saying they will buy one, it may take a while to satisfy demand, if that's any indication.

Hopefully this is not one of those "vaporware" announcements like we get from other companies (i.e., big announcement, followed by nothing).

FWIW, I'm glad I didn't spend $800 on a beat-up surplus hi-power on Gunbroker...
Yeah, pre-Covid you could buy a flacked-out Israeli Defense Forces Hi-Power for $500. The ones with the black paint finish.

Hopefully this is not one of those "vaporware" announcements like we get from other companies (i.e., big announcement, followed by nothing).
Uh. let's see, one I'm still waiting for is the Ruger X-GI.

Yep it seems counterintuitive but the cast frames are stronger... at least historically.
My pal the 1911 expert hate cast frames, thinking they will always be inferior. Well, metallurgy has advanced over the years. Ruger has made a fine business from cast parts.

I'm just amazed that Springfield would use someone else's design! Never would see that coming!

Yuk, yuk. Very droll. But right on point. I will mention Ruger one more time in this post, they have also done a fine business copying older designs. But not exclusively.

I've owned a couple of Hi-Powers over the years, I like them. But I probably won't be buying any more guns.

Buy original American?
I've never had an issue with my IMBEL frame SA 1911
my son's 911 .380 is a keeper
my Subarus aren't made in America, but are some of the best autos for our NW lifestyle
Buying American is always great. That has nothing to do with it for me in this case. After the months-long hype they paid out the nose for that was supposed to be something new and amazing…..we got the Saint. An over priced AR. And then the Hellcat. A quite-forgettable pocket 9 to swim in the pond with all the others.

"Grip Zone"? Good gravy that sounds like something K-Mart would have come up with.

SA makes some good reliable firearms. They just can't think of any new designs to call their own. Very Taurus-ish except Taurus actually has many original designs.

"Springfield Hi Power" just doesn't sound right to me.

Buying American is always great. That has nothing to do with it for me in this case. After the months-long hype they paid out the nose for that was supposed to be something new and amazing…..we got the Saint. An over priced AR. And then the Hellcat. A quite-forgettable pocket 9 to swim in the pond with all the others.

"Grip Zone"? Good gravy that sounds like something K-Mart would have come up with.

SA makes some good reliable firearms. They just can't think of any new designs to call their own. Very Taurus-ish except Taurus actually has many original designs.

"Springfield Hi Power" just doesn't sound right to me.
I wanna get one just to carve "grip zone" on the wood grips and post pics. Heads would explode!

This is a sad, sordid tale but I had to buy four (4) Springfield Armory M1A's to get one that was made right. If, when I started with M1A No. 1, I'd known what I know today, I would've paid the extra money and bought a Fulton (or LRB or Bula). And would've saved money, in spite of the initial extra cost of the up-market brands.

Heck, I probably would've done better with a Norinco.

Everybody relax and stand down. These knock-off Hi Powers are absolute garbage. I've spoken to no less than two, no three dozen firearms experts and they are all in agreement. I can't name them of course, as they have all insisted on anonymity. ( as he continuously hits the "refresh" button trying to get one ordered )

Quoting my own post:

Yuk, yuk. Very droll. But right on point. I will mention Ruger one more time in this post, they have also done a fine business copying older designs. But not exclusively.
Yes, they have made a whole slug of relatively crappy P series auto pistols that were original designs. None of which are still made and used examples languish on pawn shop shelves. I've even seen some lonely ones sitting there unsold post Covid era.

Ummmm, how about the Glock in 22lr??? Want to talk about hype? Didn't they prop up the hype to higher levels about this and then deliver a product that still has issues?