JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It appears that the folks at SA are starting to make HI Powers. I'll probably wait for one to hit the used market but I am intrigued, what are your guy's thoughts.

media.jpg

Did a quick web search and can't find any for sale or any shipping info. I have sent SA an email..

Hopefully this is not one of those "vaporware" announcements like we get from other companies (i.e., big announcement, followed by nothing).

FWIW, I'm glad I didn't spend $800 on a beat-up surplus hi-power on Gunbroker...

I would have a Tisas clone. I have a Tisas 1911 and it is a faithful copy, moreso than a Girsan.
A stainless Hi Power would be sweet.

Joe
Yes, the availability of stainless, and a reasonable price is what compelled me. It's a pretty nice gun. Trigger isn't bad, and improved when I removed the mag safety. So far it shoots well and no issues. Would like to get one of these SAs when they are available to compliment the Tisas. Probably still be in the two of them for less than what a nice Browning or FN goes for these days.

Last Edited:
Sweet. Often romanticized another HP to replace the one that slipped through my hands years ago. Mid 80's examples in like new condition are just not priced reasonably. But this could find its way into the safe, after all Christmas is coming!