JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
True.

I have tried out just about every stock ever made for the M14 type rifle, my favorites are the light weight Blackfeather RS and the USGI E2 stocks. This is an old picture of some of the stocks I have tried out.
View attachment 409306

I so badly want to put my scout into a chassis, but it's hard to do so sight unseen. I need to get my hands on one in the flesh before I drop that kind of coin. I'm pretty sure I could hit up tonyben since he's fairly local and I know he has a Blackfeather.

There is nothing inherently wrong with the original M14, but many enhancements for the M14 / M1A came about AFTER year 2000.

82nd-AB.jpg

I so badly want to put my scout into a chassis, but it's hard to do so sight unseen. I need to get my hands on one in the flesh before I drop that kind of coin. I'm pretty sure I could hit up tonyben since he's fairly local and I know he has a Blackfeather.

I sent Tony a new Blackfeather about a month ago... I can't wait to see what he comes up with this time.

Sure did! One of the best is the Arkangle stocks! I got the very first one in my squadron and was by far the best thing for the M-14 (M-21) EVER! That and a much more secure optics mount transformed what was a ok rifle into something worth carrying!

If your particular stock has a pistol grip, or an enhanced grip like the JAE & Arch Angel you really owe it to yourself to investigate adding an M14 EBR trigger shoe.

The official back story on the M14 EBR trigger shoe.

Mike Peterson (TACOM-RI) met Tom Meyers (XTSP) at Camp Perry in 2010.
Tom's business is custom CNC machine work, the manufacture of precision
triggers and receivers… "talk naturally turned to the issues we were having
with pull angle on the SAGE EBR stocks equipped with pistol grips".
Mike: "I gave Tom an M14 trigger group to experiment with and see what
he could come up with. He produced the prototypes in aluminum which
worked well except they were a little too flexible for our needs…
I got Dave Armstrong (NSWC Crane) interested as he had been experimenting
with commercial trigger shoes for the MK14 Mod 2 project".
Mike: "We at TACOM-RI were pretty much up to our ears in trying to complete
the SAGE stocks, add accessories and complete the provisioning process
to get repair parts into the system as well as finish up the production of the
6200 M14EBR-RIs, so the trigger shoe project kind of languished".
Mike and Dave told me (Kevin / H2O MAN) about Tom and the trigger shoe project when we
met in Las Vegas during SHOT SHOW 2011... both suggested that I contact Tom.
I did, and the rest is history.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads