Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Springfield Armory M-1 Garand

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by rltrim46ford, Mar 15, 2010.

1. rltrim46ford

rltrim46ford lebanon Well-Known Member

Springfield Armory M-1 Garand, barrel dated 1950. Shooter grade at best. Bore a bit scroungy but it functions and shoots well. Accurate weapon. Asking $750 OBO and will look at trades with an eye on myself. Short hand guns preferred. FTF in Oregon with Oregon ID and CWP, or BGC. No scammers or people wanting to dance around the fine details. 541-258-7841 or 541-401-1063

2. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

What does "bore a bit scroungy" mean?

3. Weebs

Weebs Clackamas County Member

and what does "will look at trades with an eye on myself" mean?

4. rltrim46ford

Thank you for your interest. In response to both querries, bore a bit scroungy in this instance means a bit of pitting out towards the muzzle end. Looks as though it might have been stored with a spider nest and left to draw a bit of dampness. It is there and the rifling is not real deep. I shot the weapon and it shoots fine, good accuracy and no functioning problems. In regards to the "looking out for myself" means that I would do some trading and if I take in a piece on trade I place a higher value on something I like rather than something I would have to turn around and try and get rid of. I especially like short handguns. I collect Mossberg bolt action 22's and would like to get a Charter Arms 22 survival rifle. The one that breaks down and fits into the plastic stock. In either case, I am not going to get into either piece at 150% of retail which is often the case.

Louie

5. rltrim46ford

btt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.