JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Has anyone picked up a Hellcat yet?
Looks heavy to me...
Hellcat.jpg

I handled one. Felt pretty good. I think I would have preferred they extend the grip a little instead of the huge mag extension. Otherwise seemed like a solid little shooter.

BUT....those sights. In a word.....AWFUL.

I like it too, it it held two rounds less nd was a 40, I would own one right now. Love those great sights!

You like that round sight picture? Yikes, I realize I only spent a few minutes molesting it but damn I couldn't get it to point quickly or naturally for anything!

Maybe it just takes some getting used to. I don't know, ever since I quit worrying about occasionally printing I've been carrying LARGER guns not smaller. There is a market for these micro 9's for sure. I'm just not part of that customer base.

You like that round sight picture? Yikes, I realize I only spent a few minutes molesting it but damn I couldn't get it to point quickly or naturally for anything!

Maybe it just takes some getting used to. I don't know, ever since I quit worrying about occasionally printing I've been carrying LARGER guns not smaller. There is a market for these micro 9's for sure. I'm just not part of that customer base.
I too am into a bit bigger the smallest single stacks I use are the XDS, I have hem in 9, 40, and 45, all he same dimensions, other than caliber so 40nis easy for me. I can also pocket carry a Taurus G2C double stack 40 or a Glock 33 in 357 Sig. Anything I can pocket carry, I have IWB holsters too if that seems a better option at the time. Usually if I move yo IWB I carry aXD40 SC, but I am trying out for size a M&P40C 3.6", the biggest I carry is a 1911 officer's model with a 3.5" barrel. I expect I could carry a bigger gun like a government 1911 or G-20, but I would require a different mindset for me and I don't want to expend the energy.

I wonder if Springfield will ever import the VHS-2 rifle. Instead of hyping up a pistol or another AR. :confused:
VHS-2 looks good, but I do not know the convoluted import rules very well. I do know they are not very simple.

If I were in the market to buy a new, big brand, store bought AR today, the Saint Edge would be a contender for me.

The gun market is weird. Sig makes a splash with their 365 and somebody is going to offer competition, in this case Springfield. Taurus made a hit with their TX-22 and then Kel-Tek and now Glock offer Rimfire competition.

Modern times, faster reaction maybe.

I don't get how marketers decide on what gun is needed, no rhyme or reason.

Just another good option for us firearms peeps. Personally I have always like the way Springfield pistols feel in my hand, very small with adequate rounds is a winner to me. There are times when I carry big but for the times that clothes are tiger etc this is a viable option.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top