JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Has anyone picked up a Hellcat yet?
Looks heavy to me...
Hellcat.jpg

I handled one. Felt pretty good. I think I would have preferred they extend the grip a little instead of the huge mag extension. Otherwise seemed like a solid little shooter.

BUT....those sights. In a word.....AWFUL.

I like it too, it it held two rounds less nd was a 40, I would own one right now. Love those great sights!

You like that round sight picture? Yikes, I realize I only spent a few minutes molesting it but damn I couldn't get it to point quickly or naturally for anything!

Maybe it just takes some getting used to. I don't know, ever since I quit worrying about occasionally printing I've been carrying LARGER guns not smaller. There is a market for these micro 9's for sure. I'm just not part of that customer base.

You like that round sight picture? Yikes, I realize I only spent a few minutes molesting it but damn I couldn't get it to point quickly or naturally for anything!

Maybe it just takes some getting used to. I don't know, ever since I quit worrying about occasionally printing I've been carrying LARGER guns not smaller. There is a market for these micro 9's for sure. I'm just not part of that customer base.
I too am into a bit bigger the smallest single stacks I use are the XDS, I have hem in 9, 40, and 45, all he same dimensions, other than caliber so 40nis easy for me. I can also pocket carry a Taurus G2C double stack 40 or a Glock 33 in 357 Sig. Anything I can pocket carry, I have IWB holsters too if that seems a better option at the time. Usually if I move yo IWB I carry aXD40 SC, but I am trying out for size a M&P40C 3.6", the biggest I carry is a 1911 officer's model with a 3.5" barrel. I expect I could carry a bigger gun like a government 1911 or G-20, but I would require a different mindset for me and I don't want to expend the energy.

I wonder if Springfield will ever import the VHS-2 rifle. Instead of hyping up a pistol or another AR. :confused:
VHS-2 looks good, but I do not know the convoluted import rules very well. I do know they are not very simple.

If I were in the market to buy a new, big brand, store bought AR today, the Saint Edge would be a contender for me.

The gun market is weird. Sig makes a splash with their 365 and somebody is going to offer competition, in this case Springfield. Taurus made a hit with their TX-22 and then Kel-Tek and now Glock offer Rimfire competition.

Modern times, faster reaction maybe.

I don't get how marketers decide on what gun is needed, no rhyme or reason.

Just another good option for us firearms peeps. Personally I have always like the way Springfield pistols feel in my hand, very small with adequate rounds is a winner to me. There are times when I carry big but for the times that clothes are tiger etc this is a viable option.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top