JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Received this in my email this morning. Looks nice, however not sure how it is different than the Sig P238 or the Kimber 380? Also cannot tell if SA, DA/SA or DA only.

Love the G10 grips and trigger. Curious to what the price will be. At 12.6 oz it would be a great pocket/BUG.

911 .380 ACP - Springfield Armory

3881C38D-0C59-4528-AF02-68D9DE3B04C7.jpeg

Last Edited:
Pretty sure it is SA, trigger does not look like it has enough travel to be DA. Pretty much a P238 like you said. Decent looking little piece, I am sure it will sell well, especially if Springfield undercuts the Sig prices.....

Pretty sure it is SA, trigger does not look like it has enough travel to be DA. Pretty much a P238 like you said. Decent looking little piece, I am sure it will sell well, especially if Springfield undercuts the Sig prices.....
You are probably right on the SA. In the specs is says 5lb trigger, that is what at first confused me a little. I was thinking a SA would be 3.5lb.

I thought it was a slip up in your thread title or a typing error when you called it a 911. I thought you might have meant 1911, nope, that is what Springfield calls it a "911".

Maybe the marketing guru's as Springfield decided to capitalize on the fact that so many refer to the nineteen-eleven as a nine-eleven and name a new model after the common slip up?

More importantly, what are they calling it? I'm not comfortable calling it the "nine eleven." Calling it the "nine one one" is equally ludicrous.

More importantly, what are they calling it? I'm not comfortable calling it the "nine eleven." Calling it the "nine one one" is equally ludicrous.

{When the police are minutes away and the threat is seconds away…9-1-1…When you have to be you own first responder.
Springfield Armory's 911 .380 is the perfect pistol for your EVERY day carry. The lightweight 7075 T6 aluminum frame and black Nitride or stainless 416 steel slide measure 5.5 inches long and less then 4 inches high, with a snag-free profile that's undetectable under clothing. Springfield's Octo-Grip™ front}
From the way they are marketing it looks to me like they are calling it the 9 1 1 as in a take off on calling 911. <shrug>
Over the years I have had (long ago) some .380's made as basically a scaled down 1911. Llama used to make a couple of them that you still see the newer version of floating around for one. Have to guess they figure many are still looking for this type of action in a smaller lighter caliber. Not really my thing but I have little doubt they will sell well at the price they are going to go for.

Pretty expensive still.

That it is. From the description on the site I can see why. Sounds like a nice pistol. Not my cup of tea and all but certainly not some low end pistol by a long shot. The market for .380 has really exploded last decade or so with so many getting into carry now. Many who really love the 1911 but want the same thing in a .380 this should fill the bill there.

SA is a bit late into this category, Sig pioneered, Kimber did their interpretation and now SA pulls up the rear...

For a .380 I'd tend to go with the P238 or Kimber Micro...

Obviously they are selling. This is very common in the firearm market. Someone comes up with a design. It will either sell well or not. If it sells real well more will start offering their take on it. Many were not around a few decades back when if you wanted a 1911 you pretty much had Colt to look at. How many companies make the full size 1911 these days???? Whats the old line about imitation being a sincere form of flattery? No more true than in the gun market. Make something the public wants and soon others will be making it too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top