JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Night sights? Oh and congrats on actually specifying it had some problems feeding hollowpoints, I love honesty. To any potential buyers: if after break in it still fails to feed hollowpoints 100% of the time, Springfield will gladly pay to have it shipped back to them and resolve the problem usually in a week. I have a springer that shot left and they had it back to me within the week after fixing the front sight AND performing a trigger job! Even sent me a test target at 25 yards showing corrections and now I know it groups at 1 1/2" even if I never get that accurate!

Yep, it has night sights. I forgot to mention that and the ambidextrous safety. I have several other SA 1911's, and they all took some breaking in before they will feed hollow points reliably from a full magazine. I only had a few ftf while shooting, mostly just chambering a round from a full magazine. And you are right about Springfield. I have sent two different guns in to them, and got both back within about a week.

mine failed to feed the first round in my 8 round chip mc cormick magazines too,i stopped putting the 8th round in it and it feeds like a dream now.with that low round count it just needs to loosen up a little,the match grade barrel and bushing on the loaded is a tight fit
so you may regret selling this gun over a few feed problems at first,put 100 rounds down range and you will love it like i love mine probably.i have heard many people say their 1911's wont fire the first round in an 8 round magazine.
if you still dont like it i would love to have it.

To Doubletap, I have two other SA 1911's, an EMP and a GI LW Champion, both had the fail to feed issue early on, which is why the low round count with the this one. I'm not selling it for that reason. I have no doubt that with a few more rounds, it will be broken in and that it will keep getting better all the time. The last time I put a couple of mags through it, it fed perfectly while firing, just a little sticky once loading the first round in the chamber. It even fed fine from a full magazine when fired. It just doesn't get used much. I would like to pick something else up, and my guilt is making me sell something. I am looking at picking up another SA. I have been very happy with the customer service when I sent in my GI, once for some real sights, and once to have the chamber and feed ramp polished.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top