JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Shipping off my Springfield 1911 mil-spec to Wilson combat today to get all the bells and whistles! New armor-tuff finish, beavertail grip safety, commander hammer, trigger job, full length recoil guide rod, and all for more than the gun cost in the first place! Seriously though I am excited beyond words right now! Just wanted to thank everybody on here for the great info and can't wait to test it out in a month and a half!

Yea mine shoots everything I put in it from hollow points to the aluminum cased blazer stuff. Never had a malfunction of any kind. The mags are garbage though on the first round you can feel that it's a little sticky when you rack the slide but once it's doing it's thing you can't tell. And thanks I'm really excited!

I will most definitely post pics when I get it back. Nothing being done to the barrel (yet) but I'm getting the full trigger job with the stainless match trigger. Should lower the pull to 3-4# though.

You will have a custom gun by the time your pistol makes it home. I would however consider putting a barrel in it at the very least a bushing and crown work to help the. Think of it this way; you are spending the cash you should be happy when you get it back and not have to have any more work done.

I agree on the barrel, and any other metal work- sight cuts, checkering, bobtail, etc. 1) it's already there. 2) you're already paying for refinish and 3) All those nice things won't be worth much if for some reason the barrel is "crap" (in comparison to other parts.)

The 2 piece barrels in those as well as the Loaded models are pretty much junk. Since you're having all the work done, you might want to consider a better barrel & bushing.

can't wait to see pics! lately I've been very strongly considering spending more than I can afford to get a Wilson Combat 1911...want...it...soooo....baaaadddd!

the way I calculated it, everything I want would be about $2900 PLUS the price of a new Mil Spec, for which I may as well buy the Tactical Elite...in my dream world anyway.

I have heard that the two piece barrels are not up to par, however, I have no problems with groupings out to about 20 yards and can't really justify spending another $300+ on a new one since I'm already shelling out about a grand as is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!:) Let's just hope I wont regret this after getting it back though...

Oh and does anybody know how big of a difference there is between the micarta starburst grips and the G10? Recommendations? Thanks, alot!:s0155:

Finally got it back yesterday! Tested a quick hundred FLAWLESS rounds and couldn't be happier! Here are a couple pictures:
gunny7.jpg
gunny6.jpg
gunny5.jpg
gunny4.jpg
gunny3.jpg
gunny2.jpg
gunny.jpg

Thanks guys! This is the first gun I've ever owned where I can actually shoot targets and just keep making one hole bigger rather than multiple holes! I'm definitely sold on the 1911 platform!

Thanks guys! This is the first gun I've ever owned where I can actually shoot targets and just keep making one hole bigger rather than multiple holes! I'm definitely sold on the 1911 platform!

I recently bought a RIA Officer and I love it! very accurate for a "compact" shooter, everything is great about it! I want a full size one and to "accesorize my carry with a trigger and grips. the 1911 is a great platform!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top