Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Springfield 1911 Loaded Wilson Combat magazine question?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by kenk, Jan 14, 2013.

1. kenk

kenk Guest

Gentleman,

I was hoping someone here with detailed knowledge could help me with this question. Which model Wilson Combat magazine would you purchase for a Springfield 1911 Loaded and why? Thanks in advance guys!

Below is a link to their website.

1911 & AR Magazines | Wilson Combat

2. PX4WA

PX4WA Tacoma, WA Active Member

I have an elite tactical that works great... follower is polymer and shaped around the casing.

That said i have plenty of chip mccormick mags that function flawlessly

3. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

I use the 47Ds in my Loaded and they run fine. I also use Chip McCormick as well but I mostly have 47Ds

4. kenk

kenk Guest

Thanks guys! Does the bottom of the magazine fit flush or do they stick out a bit on the 47Ds? Also, has anyone tried the 500C?

5. andreys21

andreys21 Milwaukie, OR Active Member

I had one 47D and McCormicks 8 rounders and they were most reliable. The two factory Springfield mags only one of them ran good, the other had Feeding issues. The fore mentioned are good to go.

6. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

None of quality Wilsons fit flush like the stock mags. The 500 ETM will stick way out, your best bet is the low profile steel base pad of the 47DC which will look like this in your Springfield:

IMG_1868.jpg

7. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

Only mags I have that fit flush are the stock SA ones that came with my loaded. the others poke out a bit. the 8 rounders more then the 7

8. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

The problem with 47D's, is when the slide is forward and trying to insert a loaded magazine. They are very hard to seat.

The ETM solves the problem, because it has an extended tube design...thus allows the spring to compress a bit more to allow for easier insertion.

Go with a magazine with an extended tube design...you can thank me later.

EMP9596 and (deleted member) like this.